Chapter 9

9- Silent Sobs
Louis was asleep until twelve the next day. When his eyes opened they moved to his left and found Harry sitting there with his eyes closed. He smiled fondly at Harry, loving the way he looked so peaceful.

"Louis, stop staring" Harry spoke without opening his eyes. Louis's eyes widened at his response and his cheeks turned red, just as Harry's lips tugged into a faint smile and his eyes opened.

"I-I wasn't" Louis replied, turning away. He felt Harry staring at him so turned to look at him only to find that his arms were still around Harry's waist.

"Oh" he blushed. "I'm sorry- sorry about this" he mumbled, moving his arms away, which only added to Harry's amusement. "It's alright"

Louis excused himself to go to the bathroom, which was more or less an excuse to hide himself from further embarrassment. Once he was done, he walked into the bedroom only to find it empty. "Harry?" He asked.
"I'm here" Harry's voice came from behind the door which was next to the cupboard. Seconds later his face came into full view.

"What are you doing?" Louis asked, leaning against the door.

"Nothing, I just had to look for something"

Seconds passed before Louis cleared his throat "So..." His voice trailed off.

Harry looked at him, eyebrows furrowed together before he realised what Louis was implying. "Yeah I know. Where should I start?" Harry stood in front of him, his height slightly taller than Louis.

"Well, you can start by who was that guy, your evil twin brother?" Louis asked perplexed.

He heaved out a sigh "Yesterday, the boy you saw-my lookalike. He's...he's a part of me"

Louis gave him a baffled look "What do you mean?"

"I don't know what happened or how it happened but it all started one day these men from town, much like the ones who were chasing you" he looked at Louis "they started to damage the hotel- they threw rocks and other such things." he pointed at the cracked window.

"I had to protect the hotel, not allow anyone to harm it. I tried to scare these men but they wouldn't budge.

I don't know how it happened though, but my head started to pound and the next thing I knew, there was this spirit in front of me staring at me.

The only thing I knew about him was that he was a part of me apart which was only made of hatred. He killed one of the men outside, which is why the people of this town are so afraid of this hotel, if you have noticed. At first it only took something which scared me or made me angry for him to come out but lately he can just come out on his own"

Louis stared at him dumbfounded, his breath caught in his throat. "I don't know what to say"

"You don't have to say anything" Harry sighed, looking away. "I think you should just leave though"

"What why?" He asked, surprised by Harry's words.

"Louis use your head, you're living in an abandoned hotel which has a mad demon" he replied.

"Harry, you don't understand, I don't care about this freaking demon. I want to help you" Louis spoke, knowing he sounded stupid saying it out loud.

"Why do you even want to help me. What have I done anyway?" Harry suddenly asked, snapping his head at him. Louis stared at him for a while not saying a single thing.

"Thought so" Harry said, turning away from him but Louis caught his arm, making him stop.

"You-you showed me kindness when no one else did" he whispered "you didn't even know me and you let me stay here. True you're a ghost and all but Harry you don't know what life I was living before. It was terrible, constantly being a victim of everyone's hurtful words and threats." Harry stood at his place.

"Do you want to know why those men were chasing me?" Louis continued and Harry nodded his head slightly.
"I never did anything wrong back in my town. The only crime I ever did was love someone whom I wasn't supposed to" Louis stared intently at Harry's eyes "The only sin I ever did was love a boy"

Harry's eyes softened at Louis's words, his hands detached from Louis's and went to cup his face ." I'm sorry" he spoke, but Louis turned away, causing Harry's hands to drop.

"Both of us were constantly bullied in school, which was the only place where people knew about our sexuality.
When I told my mum about me being gay so she could do something about the bullying, she kicked me out, saying how disgusted she was to have me as her son. The word spread quickly around and soon everyone was after us.
They killed him first -my boyfriend. They shot him in front of me and then they were after me... I had no choice but to run away from there." Louis's eyes were filling with tears at each word.

"I'm so sorry Louis" Harry said and wrapped his arms around Louis. This time Louis accepted it, his body fitting perfectly in Harry's arms.

His lips trembled as he tried not to cry but Harry rubbed his back soothingly. "It's okay to cry" he said, holding him tight.

And Louis cried.

AN
Hey guys! So I'm free from my exams now.

Anyway so what do you think of Louis's life?

Thoughts on the chapter?

Please vote and comment!

Have a good day :)