The beginning of the first mission

The four of them rose to the sound of bells. They quickly got dressed and had breakfast. Afterwards then went to the stables were their horses were. Horse riding was another thing they had learnt in the third week. They didn't have lessons they were simple told to get of a horse and ride it. So they had to work it out themselves. Scarlett had a a jet black horse named Lira. She and the horse got on really well unlike Isabel and her brown horse Chestnut. Chestnut didn't seem to like Isabel all that much. Scarlett stroked Lira and watched as Isabel talked to Chestnut. She was explaining how she had to get on her back but Chestnut wasn't having any of it. She neighed unhappily and walked away from Isabel when ever she got near her. Isabel was just getting more and more angry but Scarlett found the whole thing rather amusing.

"She really is hopeless isn't she?" Said Scarlett to Lira. Lira nuzzled into her neck. "I should go help." She told her horse and walked over to Chestnut. Chestnut watched her approached carefully. Scarlett held he hands up in a non threatening way and very slowly moved towards her. Chestnut inched forwards towards Scarlett. When she got there Scarlett gently stroked her and calmed her down.

"So are you like the horse master now?" Asked Isabel sarcastically.

"No your just to harsh with her. Anyway if I was I would be the horse mistress not master because I am not a man. Now just approach very slowly with your hands up to show you won't hurt her." Isabel did as Scarlett said. Chestnut looked a little nervous but let her climb on her back. When Isabel was seated Levi and Farlan rode into the barn on their horses. Farlan's head was bandaged up. He was perfectly fine, nothing more than a scratch. The doctor had said he was really lucky, it could have been a lot worse.

"It's time to go." Said Levi bluntly. Truth be told that he was actually really nervous about this mission. He was scared about losing Scarlett or the others but mainly Scarlett. He cared about the other two and would be devastated if he lost them but no one compared to the way he felt about Scarlett. Chestnut neighed and rode outside without Isabel's consent and Farlan rode after them to try and help. Scarlett moved towards Lira but Levi got down from his horse and went to her. Scarlett stopped and looked at Levi who was no stood in front of her. Levi ran his hands up her arms and rested them on her shoulders.

"Levi?" Scarlett said quietly as he stepped forward and whispered into her ear.

"Please be careful out there. I need you to come back with me, okay?" His words came as a shock to Scarlett. She had never heard his voice be so gently and loving. She could tell that he really was worried about her.

"I-I will. I'll be fine Levi." Levi left his left hand on her shoulder and brought his right hand up to her face. He tilted her head back and guided her lips to meet his. Scarlett melted into his arms. It had been so long since they had last kissed. Not since the leaving the Underground. They had both been so distracted and Levi wanted to give Scarlett some spaced after he had scared her the last time they were alone, but the gap had been too long and Levi was hungry for her. He deepened the kiss and pulled her closer to him. He ran his hands all over her body. Scarlett wrapped her right arm around his neck and held his face gently with the other. Scarlett opened her mouth to tale a small breath and Levi took the chance to sneak his way into her mouth. With every second that passed he could feel himself losing control again. He didn't want to scare her agin but at the same time he needed to be inside her. Levi then felt a nudge on his back. He pulled away from Scarlett and looked behind him to see Lira, Scarlett horse looking at him with hateful eyes. Scarlett let go of him and went to her horse, stroking her and letting her know that she was okay.

"Tch, damn over protective horse." Said Levi as he climbed onto her horse again. Scarlett climbed onto hers and the two rode out of the barn side by side in silence...

"Looks like you four are with me." Said Captain Sky looking up at the four since she was not on a horse. They had been waiting patiently in line to be told what to do and where to go. Captains Sky's nose was a lot better but she was well aware of her squad having a good laugh over the fact that their Captain had been taken down by someone from the Underground. What Scarlett had done had destroyed her reputation. Many of her squad members were asking each other if she was an effective Captain anymore, since she had been taken down so easily by someone who had had no military training.

"Are you serious?" Isabel blunted out. "As if this day could get any worse."

"I'm not happy about having you four in my squad too. Your not proper soldiers, your just a liability in my eyes." Scarlett glared at Captain Sky and jumped down from her horse. Captain Sky watched her warily and Scarlett moved and stood right in front of her.

"Want to say that again?" She said through gritted teeth. Captain Sky wanted to punch the girl but held herself back. She knew a fight with Scarlett was not a good idea. She would most defiantly get injured again and losing in front of everyone would be even worse. So she bit he tongue and didn't say all the thoughts that were going through her head. Instead she simply said...

"Just be ready to move out in ten minutes."