Running Thru' the Alleyways of Your Guilt

Fading through black and white, murmured voices surrounded you, then you felt it. You were still on that dirty fucking, mildew-smelling pavement. Body spread out and on your ass, like a true sucker.

You choked out a loud cough, heavy breathing flowed out of your mouth. The tingling feeling of your nerves throughout your body and the cold air brushing against your warm body tore you out of your assault-induced coma.

"Thanks, a-fucking-lot Stone!" An irritated voice broke out the serene silence.

"Now, we gotta hide the body!" Groaning, face gripping and angered stomping, filling the air.

"Oh shut up, will you?" Scoffing, as you heard the shuffling of clothes. "This wouldn't of happened if you weren't such a lousy fuckin' thief." You could now make out the figures standing before you, well they were still really blurry, but you tried your best.

You watched as one of the figures took the time to grip a swig of whiskey to continue with the bickering. Watching as the figures poked and prodded at each other making swift remarks. It soon turned into yelling and shoving, you audibly groaned, as if these dumbasses would notice.

Your head felt like it was split in half, though you could tell you weren't bleeding, just laying there with a big bump on the back of your head. Your head spun around, to be honest, you felt like you were going to pass out if it weren't for the aggravated bickering near you, keeping you awake. You made out what to be a third figure, from what your fucked up vision could tell they were off to the side by your peripheral vision.

Through blurry movement, they were approaching you. To be honest they moved so slow and fast at the same time it just kind of looked like they were teleporting in your dozed-induced state. You could barely see their face from afar, and like magic, they were in front of your face. It was like an unpleasant jumpscare, just less scary since they had a genuine, comforting smile on.

You felt as if they put a warm comforting hand on your cheek, it copied a somewhat motherly embrace, only if you could describe it with words. Your eyes bore into theirs as if this moment would last forever. Only for them to gorilla grip the sides of your face, pulling on your cheeks then tearing your head forward and intensely looking at you, jolting you right awake.

They'd blink at you for a few seconds only for them to release your head, causing it to fall unceremoniously onto the hard stone bricks a few inches below.

"Hey, uh guys, they're not dead?" An unclouded shout broke through the screaming match, in which you were utterly surprised it actually did.

The fact that you felt more comfortable laying on the ground than standing up and getting closer to the figures really said something. Or maybe you didn't want a sudden fluctuation in your blood pressure ultimately causing a blackout in your eye when you stood up.

Whatever it was, it made you focus so long about laying down on the ground you didn't even notice the upcoming footsteps.

A lightweight shoe pressed itself on the side of your abdomen, the outsole digging in deep.

"Hey, get the hell up," An annoyed slurred voice pressed on top of you. Gripping the titles of the stone pavement, you tried to push yourself off the ground only to be snatched by the collar and forced to stand up straight. You stumbled a bit, it felt like you had two left feet, still trying to overcome the morning migraine.