Struck High and Headed for the Deep End

Twinging around in your polite dreamscape, gripping to the handles of reality as you were roughly shoved around side to side, as if you were rushing through the harsh waves of misfortune and regret. You were snatched up and thrown out of your dream state only to be woken up and dragged into reality.

You'd whisk your eyelids open, to find eyes blaring uncomfortably right into yours as the said person stood over you. You weren't too sure who it was at first since they were so uncomfortably close, and they were cloaked by the shade the alleyway provided. Pushing your hands in front of you, your fingertips scuffed the gross, sandpaper-like material of their clothing. Their figure stumbled back from the darkness; their form soon being drenched in daylight as you realized who it was.

Lo' and behold, it was the same person who stole from you before, Vinnie. "Were you going through my pockets?" You blurted out, gripping the sides of your overcoat.

"Nah, I would never!" You swore you heard her giggle at the last part as she approached you, bending down and squatting as she gripped one knee and continued to go through your coat pockets until she fiddled around enough and pulled out your wallet.

"Hey, that's my wallet!" You'd reach out, lanky arms gripping her forearm only to be held back by a measly hand due to your shorter stature. She'd simply roll her eyes playfully at you, eyebrows gesturing to the wallet.

You laid there, huffing out your anger, eye twitching, cold glaring, and all the bullshit in between. As she clutched the torn leather between her fingers and opened it. Her excited, smug look soon turned into utter disappointment as they quickly closed it and threw it at your face. You flinched, head falling backward and hitting the cold, hard bricks of the wall behind you.

"Man, you barely got anything in there!" She'd roll her eyes at you, groaning. Perfectly offended that you didn't have any money left she could take.

"So, you admit to stealing from me before?" You'd exasperated, placing your hands behind you for balance and standing up, snatching your wallet off the floor.

"Uh, yeah it was pretty obvious?" They looked at you as if you didn't mention that just the other day, so god help you, you were so close to strangling this person.

"Well, could I have it back?"

"Nah, spent it already," She'd audibly shrugged, almost walking away but caught herself before she could.

"Almost forgot, you owe me one, uh-" She'd gesture towards you, her fingers fiddling back and forth trying to remember something you never gave her.

"Y/N." You responded dully.

"Right," She'd awkwardly itch the nape of her neck, glancing around before looking back at you.

Not only was she screwing you twice, but you also owe her? Thankfully for her, you're all bark and no bite, but that doesn't include pettiness.

"I owe you, are you kidding me?" You huffed, gripping your (h/l) locks and almost tearing them out at this point. "You owe me!" You'd stomp, at this point, it kind of looked like you were having a temper tantrum.

"Not only did you take my money, but I also left all my shit back where you robbed me!" You mentally counted all the troubles she caused you, furthermore, you remembered your beloved saxophone and all the clothes and other necessities you packed.