A Book of Faces, Just Memories in your Back-up Brain

Searching through your mind space for the right answer, to put it bluntly, was hard. Was there even a right answer at this point? The fact that you were slumped over a wooden crate in a darkened alleyway just staring at the oncoming brick wall, pondering about some nonsense anyway, was just a little too real for you.

You soon felt the after-effects of laying on a small, cramped, wooden crate that was somehow grossly damp. You sat up, still slouching on the depressing crate, you seriously didn't like how quiet it was, eerily like a horror movie. You decided to push your luck and mess with your so-called roommates if you could even call them that.

Lazily walking down, the alleyway, you could hear the subtle scattering and clinking of coins. Picking your heavy head up, you could see Vinnie observing the coins she collected earlier, mixed in with various objects of value. To be honest you kind of felt too ashamed to talk to her right now, walking along past her seemed like the best option to choose right now. That's until she whistled at your presence, now you couldn't choose.

You fumbled with your words, it seemed so hard to even grasp a single sentence at this very moment. So, you just got closer to her form, expecting for her to start talking first.

"Hey, Y/N!" She seemed out of the ordinary, excited to see you, it was weird but in a chill kind of way, you were too jumbled up at this point to even explain it. She lifted a fistbump at you like it was no big deal, although you did like her cheery attitude you had a hunch it was just a facade.

"You're uh-, in a good mood?" You'd questioned her, at this point you were questioning yourself.

"Yeahh, I guess I am," She'd flash her eyebrows at you, grinning. You didn't like this, not one bit.

"Special occasion or...?" You still scratched your noggin, waiting for her answer on why she was so cheerful.

"No, someone just lost a bet," She'd snicker to herself turning around to the darkness that shaded the inner walls of the alleyway.

"Oh, fuck off," The someone in question drifted out of the shadows, nonother than Stone, chugging down a bottle of whiskey with Skipp in tow.

"The only reason I lost is because you cheated," Vinnie shrugged, rolling her eyes playfully at Stone, before shooting a look at you.

You weren't the nosy type, but for your sake, you had no form of entertainment, so you intruded anyways.

"So what was the bet?" You blinked around at the trio, waiting patiently for a response.

Vinnie would hang her head back, upside down looking at Stone just waiting for him to utter the words, whilst grinning.

He'd loudly sigh, "I'll be taking you on your first training or, whatever the fuck.." He'd grumble out, fiddling with his lighter to light a cigarette.

"Seems my gambling skills proceed me," She'd gloat, just rubbing salt in the open wound.

"Vinnie, how many times do I have to tell you, it's a gambling addiction," Stone gripped his brow, defeated but still insulting Vinnie in the process.

"Psh, yeah, whatever, I still won," She'd throw the occasional eye roll Stone's way, continuing to brag.

"And besides, I'm still gonna be here counting all the goods we raked in," She'd gesture to the various trinkets and coins, clashing with the depressing crate that was used as a table. Whilst throwing her head backward into a relaxing position and folding her arms behind her head.