13| Enough

Time moved quickly until the end of July since Lana and Sean both had to work consistently or had other plans that filled their days. 

Lana was still regularly helping out her friend but didn't stay overnight that often anymore because her life had to move on as well and right now she was still just auntie Lana, nothing more. 

She was busy the last week with the  Regal boutique, working on some new designs and sales coming up, whilst training her voice the way they told her back in New York. The actress met up with some friends as well, since she hadn't been able to do so for the last couple of weeks, and visited her aunt Candy. She was like a light in her life, that made her laugh and smile the whole time.

"Lana you really should let a man in your life. Or women, whatever you prefer, I don't care but you're lonely.", Her aunt said whilst sipping on her tea, making Lana sigh and roll her eyes. 

"I am definitely not lonely, I can tell you. In fact, I was even busier than usual.", Lana countered and tried to cool her tea down by blowing. A smile crept to her face when she thought about Sean and his family. Even if it wasn't always easy with the kids, it brought joy and happiness to her life. 

"What about this extremely handsome gentleman you stayed with? Oh and don't deny it. I saw some videos on Instagram. Nothing is safe from me.", the old lady grinned amusedly and searched for her niece's eyes, whose body tensed up within seconds after Candice slipped those words out like they weren't a big deal. 

"His wife died around 6 or 7 weeks ago, so I was just helping. He has been a very good friend of me for a long time but he is slowly adjusting to the situation that he is a single dad to three now. So I guess my help is no longer necessarily needed all the time, which means I am spending more time on myself again.", Lana explained but sounded at the same time like she was trying to convince herself that her help wasn't needed anymore because she actually missed seeing the kids the first thing in the morning. In her house was only Lola and herself. No one that would wake her up, no one that was smiling at her first thing in the morning. Okay maybe she was lonely. But she had to set boundaries in the relationship between Sean and her because otherwise, they could end up making a big mistake. 

"Oh come on, Lana. Who are you fooling? I can see in your eyes that you want to be with that man. There is more than just friendship.", Candy said knowingly when Lana began to bite one of her fingernails, a habit when she felt unsure or unwell with a situation. 

"Didn't you hear? He has three children, who just lost their mom and I am not going to mess up their lives even more. You're right. Sean and I almost kissed and if Flynn wouldn't have pulled him away, I don't know what we would have done that day but now I know that this was a warning. Sean might be single for almost two years now but he comes with responsibilities. He has children and before I am not sure about how far I am willing to go, I will not dare to do anything stupid that in the end could hurt the kids. Sean and I have been friends and of course, I dreamed about him kissing me since he was playing Robin Hood, but I cannot just appear in front of his door and make a move to see where this will lead us because it is not just him and I. If Sean ever finds love again and I am sure he will, he is searching for a mother and not for… a woman in her mid-forties without knowing how to be exactly that. A mother.", Lana said, filled with rage. Her whole body was moving since she tried to make her statement clear, even though her thoughts were kind of all over the place and all the connections between the sentences she just said were mainly existing in her head, not knowing how to get out in an orderly way. She achingly looked at her aunt, expressing the emotions that were locked in her head for days and weeks. 

"Oh, Lana.", Candy started, whilst placing her cup down and pulling Lana in a tight hug before stroking gently over the back of her head. "I know what you mean. You developed feelings but don't know where these will lead you. But you're afraid to try because you don't want to cause any pain if it isn't working out between you and that guy.", she summed up, which made Lana nod positive.