Maki x Delinquent! Fem! Reader part 3

A/n: ANGST (a lot)

(3rd person)'s Pov

Maki's been getting a little distant lately and you've began to wonder why. You were treating her right, taking care of her, giving her all your love and affection but she keeps getting colder and colder. You started overthinking and getting worried about her. She was showing signs of your old lover. Thoughts began racing in your mind but your phone ringed.

You picked up and heard Maki's voice. Her voice could make you feel at ease and bring you comfort. She told you that she was going to Nico's house tonight. 'Damn thats the third time this week.' You asked if she was going to come over later on tonight and which she replied she was spending the night at Nico's place. You both said you loved each other and she hung up.

You tried to stop thinking about her but in the end you couldn't stop what your heart wanted. You wanted to call her to tell her to come back but you didn't want seem overprotective. Every second without Maki you felt even more sad. If this continues you felt like you would die. You laid your head to rest and ended up falling asleep.

~~~
You jolted awake, gasping for air. 'Not this dream again.' You panicked when you didn't feel Maki next to you. "Maki?" You felt around the bed and felt her body a few inches away from you. You sighed in relief and pulled the cover over you, you hoped the dreams would stop reoccurring. About her and even Maki. 'Wait Maki?' "Maki?" You said barely awake. "Sorry I came in without warning I missed you." You felt relieved.

"Go to bed Maki I just had a little nightmare." She closed her eyes and went to bed. The reoccurring dreams you've been having is (Ex/n) dying over and over again, Maki dying the same way as (Ex/n). You felt scared it was going to happen again. You did everything to prevent it. You tried to shut your eyes but you were awake. 'I hate this.' You managed to get yourself to sleep after a few more failed attempts. It was all you can do. Sleep away the pain but you still felt an uneasy feeling.
~~~
You woke up and instead of waking up by Maki you woke up next to a pillow. 'Was I hallucinating?' You felt a little unsure of what happened last night but then you saw a note on your desk. 'Hey (Y/n) I'm going out with Nico. Text me or call me if you need anything. - Maki' 'God damnit Maki. Again?' Maki's been getting distant just like how (Ex/n) was. Its always 'just like how (Ex/n) was.' You began to wonder if you should call her or leave her be.

It was a hard decision judging how you were handling this whole situation all together. In the end you decided to just leave her be and try to get on throughout the day. It was so damn hard to just go throughout the day without Maki next to you. You managed to make it about three hours into the day before you had to call Maki.

You waited anxiously as the phone kept ringing but no answer. You paced back and forth hoping that she would pick up. After a minute the call went to voicemail. You call (F/n) to see if he wanted to come over and chill for a bit. After a few minutes of talking you guys met up at a park to just walk around and talk. 'Hey Maki if you come home and I'm not there I'm out with (F/n).' You sent her the text and went off. If you were ever too anxious you knew (F/n) could put your mind at ease.

"Hey (Y/n) how are you and Maki?" You frowned and (F/n) got the hint. "I'm sorry (Y/n). I'll be here for you." He flashed you a quick smile and you hugged him tightly. "I just don't want this to end up like (Ex/n). No matter how hard I try I picture Maki dying in the exact same way." He hugged you tightly. "I don't think she'll die (Y/n). Please don't think that way." Your minds raced with thoughts of (Ex/n). Maki taking her place just for her to be another victim of mental health.