Ruby x Overprotective! Reader

(Y/n) pov

I was walking my way to Ruby's house. Although Dia is there I can guarantee she's in good hands. I still need to make sure. I always do this because I was the leader of a gang when my last year of middle school and my first year in High school. They would always target her and for the first part I'd always let her get hurt. Until I realized I had a crush on her. The gang later kicked me out and I couldn't care less. I started to pick up my pace only to bump into Mari my sister. "Good morning (y/n)-Chan! Are you off to get your girlfriend?" "Oh shut up Mari! We all know Kanan is your girlfriend" "Yeah we even went to round 6 in one nig-." "AHAJJAJSJMEKSOANNAIDKDHRHHEJAJA I'M NOT LISTENING" "Didn't know my little sister has dirty thoughts I was talking about a game!" I dashed off.

~~~

It was already time for school and I was no where to be found. I went to my little garden me and my friend found. We made it our own secret place. We had so many memories here until he died. In a car crash. He was an older brother to me. Always overly protective. But only if I could save him. Maybe if I wasn't behind the wheel it could've been avoided. Maybe that's why I'm so protective of Ruby I feel like I'm going to lose her.

~~Timeskip: at lunch~~

I finally got to school in time for lunch. Right away I was searching for Ruby. "Hey (Y/n)-San" "Hey Ruby-Chan where is everybody?" "Come with me they are on the rooftop." I followed her to the rooftop. "Hey (y/n)! Looks like your girlfriend dragged you here!" "Mari for the billionth time she's not my girlfriend" I replied slightly annoyed. "Anyways lets eat Ruby" I sat down and Ruby followed. I started to eat my food. I went over to Mari. 'I know she's going to tease me about this but I really need to ask her if Ruby likes me' I instantly had second thoughts and asked her if I could try the sandwich she was eating.

~~Timeskip: after school~

I was watching Aqours practicing and after a while I got a phone call. "(Y/n) come to the front of the school." "And why am I needed there?" The voice sounded very familiar. "Just come here" I ended the call. 'Might as well see what the person wants from me' "Hey guys I'll be heading out but I'll be back in a bit!" I ran out the door to the front of the school only to be hit in the head with something knocking me unconscious.

(Ruby's) pov

"Guys (y/n)-san has been gone for a while I'll go look for her" "Aw Ruby how sweet of you~" Mari said. My face was burning up. "Ruby you should confess. I'm fine with you dating (y/n)" My face burned up even more. "Alright I'm going to go look for her." I was walking out and then I saw 6 guys and (y/n)-San  on the floor knocked unconscious. "H-h-hey what did you do to (y/n)-San!" "Take her!" One guy said. I couldn't defend myself and I gave up.

(Y/n) pov

"(Y/n) wake up! (Y/n) wake up!" I opened my eyes. I looked around to see Kanan, Mari, Dia, Chika, Riko, you, Hanamaru, and Yohane. I shot up "Where's Ruby?!?" "(Y-y/n) I don't know" Dia said trying to stay calm. "(Y/n) could this have to do with your old gang or your gang's nemesis?" I forgot I only told Mari about the gang I was in. "Oh no! The guys! That's why it sounds familiar!" "Theres a note (y/n) here." "Thanks Kanan." I looked at the note. "Come to the place if you don't want to lose her! And come quick" Out of anger I kicked my wall. "Mari I still have my weapons right?" "Yes I'm pretty sure." "Alright Dia your going to have to trust me to make sure she comes back home safe. Trust me" "Ok (y/n) I trust you." I went inside my closer and grabbed my Okinawan Kusarigama. (I'll put a photo at the end) "I'm going and I'll get her back!" "Go get your girlfriend (y/n)!" That time I was ok with it.