XII. An Everyday Sakura Mochi

• Third Person

The former student council room was quiet, nobody around at the moment. Or not? Shinobu, behind the president's desk took her phone out of her bag to text her friend. To ask her where she is, to tell her she's late. "So? did she answer?" Giyuu asked Shinobu, trying to peek at her screen, which the latter allows so. "There." She muttered, finally getting an answer.

Mitsuriii💖:
I'm already at the gate! The former student council room, right?

Shinobuuu🦋:
Yes, just at the second floor.

Mitsuriii💖:
Okay just wait for me there

Giyuu leaned back, trying not to push the desk upfront. "Careful."
"I know." Obanai, who was infront of the desk, right the opposite Giyuu and Shinobu was facing, decided to sit over the brown, wooden desk. After awhile, they'd finally heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." Was what Obanai said, which Mitsuri obviously heard, and went in. The lights were off, the only thing she could see was Obanai's shadow. "Iguro-san? Where are the others?" She asked, which Obanai deliberately ignored.

Tengen, Sabito and Kyojuro, who were inside the gigantic cabinet, didn't move an inch. Even so, their cue of putting the lights on had shown up. Sabito, who was holding the switch connected to a wire, leading out of the cabinet and onto the lights of the room, pushed the lever down. Right after that, the lights turned on outside of them. Mitsuri was somehow confused. Infront of her, was Obanai, sitting on the president's desk and which Mitsuri does not notice, he was holding a bouquet of flowers behind him.

Obanai walked up the confused woman infront of him, and pulled the bouquet out of his back to the space between them. "Kanroji. You know when I'd confessed a few days ago, the morning before our date?" Mitsuri's eyes were still covered with confusion, which she however brushed off and nodded.

"Well.. um, if you would like, can I.. court you?" Obanai was looking to his left, trying to avoid eye contact with her. His heart kept skipping beats, which he could hear himself.

"Iguro-san, no." That answer made his eyes dilate wider and wider, until he finally faced his head to her. However, her face did not show any guilt, or anything.

She was smiling, very gently. She did not even notice the cabinet slowly opened now, the two heads from behind the president's desk, and the human shadows behind the curtain slowly moving.

Although her smile was beautiful and breathtaking, Obanai couldn't get her answer out of his head. What.. why? Why did..? What did I lack? Why did she answer that? Does she not love me back? Mitsuri put the flowers down, to the floor, desperate not to drop it.

Then, she stood back up and look him to the eyes. She held both his hands in hers, squeezed them tight infront of him and said, "I don't want you to court me, I'd be your girlfriend right away!" She said, full of honesty, and with happiness and desperation mixed to her sweet voice.

Obanai's eyes were dilated in surprise, not believing the sudden plot twist in the situation. However, that immediately changed to a smile, even under his mask. "Well then. I guess i'm the luckiest man in the world." That was the only thing he said, until the curtains suddenly slid open, the cabinet shut open as well. And Giyuu and Shinobu immediately went out of the desk.

Sabito, Kyojurou and Tengen went out of the cabinet with wide grins plastered on their faces. From behind the curtains, came out Makomo, along with Kanae and Sanemi.

"Congratulations!"

"Aww, Obanai's got a girl now!"

"Congrats, bro."

"Man's got a girlfriend. Take care of her."

"Mannn! I thought you'd be single forever!"

"What happened to the single duo, Obanai-san?"

"Eek! Congrats Mitsuriii!!!!!"

"Mitsuri, you finally found the one for you. I am so happy!"

"You two make a good chemistry, like a lot. Congrats!"

"I brought a bunch of snacks, let's go eat!"

"Yeah!!"

__________

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
 ̄ ̄ ̄
 ̄ ̄

(。•̀ᴗ-)✧
''I'd make you an everyday sakura mochi, love.''

おわり」

読んでいてくれてありがとう<3