Chap 15

~Wyatt~

“Well if it isn’t my sparkling angel” a familiar deep voice sounded.

I looked up from my phone as I stood outside the front of the school steps waiting for Adam to come out. Zane was leaning over the railing, his arms crossed and a pair of black shades covering his eyes.

“Did you get my letter” he asked. I frowned at him I shook my hair out of my eyes.

“Your what?” I asked confused. He smiled leaning closer to me till he was inches from my face.

“I figured you’d come back one of these days and find it, I’ve been very patient you know. I’m usually not the waiting type but for I’ll make an exception.” He whispered the last part before flicking his tongue over my lips. Gasped I flinched back out of reflex gaping at him.

“What the f*ck?” I complained wiping the back of my hand across my mouth. He just smiled and jumped cleanly over the rail and stood in front of me.

“Oh don’t act like you didn’t like it” he lifted a finger and traced my cheek lightly. Something was off with him; he was acting more forward and strange than usual.

“So lets go” he said grabbing my hand and dragging me down the stairs, I had to jog to keep up with his large strides.

“Go where! What the hell are you talking abo-” I paused finally understanding. “You were the one who left the note.” I glanced over his shoulder at me and smiled.

“Duh”

We arrived at his bike and he handed me a helmet.

“What is wrong with you?” he shrugged.

“Nothing much and yourself” he turned his back to me, taking his glasses off and put his helmet over his head.

“I can’t go with you, I’m waiting for someone” I snapped. Who did he think he was ordering me about? Sighing loudly he snatched the spare helmet from my arms and stuffed it on my head and strapped it under my chin.

“Your waiting for no one now get on” He straddled his bike and patted the back seat. I shook my head reaching up to take the helmet off but he caught my wrist in a tight gloved grip. “Get on the damn bike Wyatt” his voice made me pause, I never heard him sound so serious or use my real name. I hesitated before getting on behind him. Zane started the bike; I felt it vibrate beneath me causing me to wrap my arms around him tightly.

I laid my head against his back shutting my eyes as he pulled out of the parking space, I opened them just as we were leaving the lot and saw Owen by the gate with a couple of friends staring at us or should I say on me. He had a slight frown on his face before his mouth moved as he said something. I couldn’t hear it over the roar of the motorcycle and the helmet but at that same moment Zane revved the engine and peeled out on to the street passing mere inches from a worried Owen.

I didn’t look back because I was hanging on for dear life as we zoomed down the street at a dangerous speed. My body moved with him at every turn he made, for some reason I had a funny filling in my stomach being so close to him like this. The warmth of his body against mine brought back the dream I had. I tried to clear those thoughts from my head as I watched the scenery pass in a blur, cars all blending into each other. The tension left me as I finally relaxed and enjoyed the ride.

What seemed like an hour later he slowed to a stop; cutting the engine he waited for me to slide off so he could follow. Once I was off the bike I looked around and saw we were at the beach. I stood gaping at the sparkling water under the high sun. I haven’t been to the beach since I was six; I always wanted to go back but never got the chance. I jumped when I felt Zane unstrap my helmet removing it and dropped it to the sandy pavement. I frowned watching the helmet bounce with a thud.