Chap 25

~Wyatt~

I sat in class just staring at the board as the teacher wrote on it but I wasn’t paying attention to anything. I was stuck in my own world once again. It’s been happening to me a lot since Zane got out of the hospital and since Adam and I talked. I was in math class so I instinctually glanced over at Zane’s seat but found it empty like it has been for over two weeks now. He was still recovery at Owens house but I had seen Owen around school.

I was embarrassed to say that I’ve been avoiding him as much as I can. I know I was being a complete coward but I was so confused lastly I could hardly function! It was driving me mad, I swore I was ready to start ripping my hair out.

I had to choose.

I had to choose.

I had to choose.

It was like a broken record repeating over and over in my head.

But how could I? I feel like I’ve been asking myself this question for too long!

From the sad depressed looks I’ve been getting from Owen I knew I had to do something. I was torturing him and myself. Who knows what I’ve been doing to Zane.

The bell rung then and I slowly stood, grabbed my stuff and trudged out of class feeling like a zombie.

Zane or Owen?

Owen or Zane?

How does one choose between two great men as these?

Zane, the bad boy. He had his fault with being a playboy but I knew who he really was under that mask he put on. I knew he truly wanted to help me forget all my troubles and I wanted to do the same for him. And let’s not forget how I feel when I’m around him. How a simple touch from him can turn my body to mush. Or how the feel of his lips on mine started a fire so hot, my insides burned with just the thought. He was sex on legs and it was like he filled a part of me I never knew I had.

Then there was Owen, the angel in disguise, I knew he was a faithful person. He would never betray me, and I could trust him not to hurt me. Being around him made me feel good and calm but when our skin touched it was like an ignition of pure pleasure. I felt so complete with him.

So tell me what I was to do with that?!

 It just wasn’t fair!

I walked down the hall in a daze when I bumped into someone sending me flying backwards.

“Ow” I exclaimed as my ass landed hard on the floor. Glancing up I saw a concerned Owen leaning over to help me up.

“I’m so sorry Wyatt, I didn’t see you.” his deep voice traveled through my body with a delicious shiver down my spine. I smiled shaking my head, well so much for avoiding him.

“No it’s alright.” I reached out for his hand and I bit my lip as he lifted me from the floor with such ease. I stood inches from him now and the strong smell of chlorine was coming off him.

“Were you swimming?” I asked without thinking.

He smiled down at me and my legs turned to water.

“Uh, yeah, I came early to get a couple laps in before school.” He explained. His beautiful brown eyes stared deep in mine never looking away, it was so intense. I noticed that his brown hair was growing out, now resting inches from his eyebrows. I had the sudden urge to reach out and run my fingers through it.

“How’s Zane?” I blurted out trying to change the mood between us as it swiftly become dangerously intimate. He cleared his throat,

“H-he’s good. Healing nicely; you should come visit. I’m sure he’d like that.” he mumbled glancing at the floor.