Chap 11

~Wyatt~

“I’m so sorry Wyatt I didn’t know you couldn’t swim!” Jordan exclaimed loudly in my ear. He was squishing me against his chest tightly I was having trouble breathing.  I padded his back awkwardly trying to make him see I was ok.

“I’m fine Jordan, I didn’t have a chance to breathe is all.” He crushed me further.

“See!! I almost killed you!”

“Can you let go of my friend you big baby” Adam retorted behind us.

We were at his house again after I came down from Zane’s room. I tried to convince them all that they had to enjoy the party at least but like always they were stubborn and refused to listen. It was ten at night and we were getting ready for bed, Jordan still wouldn’t shut up about earlier.

“Come on” Adam sighed grabbing my hand and pulling me away from Jordan’s death grip dragging me towards his room. The door slammed behind me as Adam locked it to keep his brothers out since they like to give rude awakenings in to mornings. Sighing from fatigue I plopped down on the bed sprawling out on my back.

“You sure every things ok?” Adam asked softly, the bed dipped beneath his weight. I let out a groan.

“Not you too” I whined throwing my arm over my eyes.

“You’re my best friend I gotta make sure you alright.” I nodded under my arm.

“Yes I’m just tired.”

The covers were moved aside for us to get in and I gladly crawled under into the comfy and warm haven of blankets and pillows. Adam slide in behind me, wrapping and arm around my waist; I felt his breath warm and sending a tickling sensation down my back. I hated that I was so damn ticklish.

“That Zane guy is a complete asshole” he said out of nowhere. Frowning I lay there comfortable staring into the pitch black room.

“Yeah?” I questioned.   

“Yeah. He was a total jerk to me; he wouldn’t let me go with you” I wonder what he would say if he knew what really went on in that room. Would he approve or be mad? Ugh, what am I saying I didn’t even want to be with Zane so what would it matter what Adam thought.

“And he’s got an ego the size of Jupiter.” He ranted. ‘It pisses me off that he’s so damn hot” he chuckled. I nibbled on my bottom lip and stayed silent.

Zane was gorgeous, those ice blue eyes that seemed to stare right into your soul. The way he carried himself just added to his appeal, well to me. That long messy black hair that slid in his eyes that refused to cooperate when he moved it out of his face. How his body was hard, like a natural athlete, sleek muscles that tightened when he moved, along with his golden tan evident that he like the outdoors. And don’t even get me started on his motorcycle. It gave him an even more bad boy image to add to all his grungy clothes, heavy black boots and his stupid pocket knife.