fifty-three

Omniscient
April 28, 2027
Los Angeles, Ca
-
12:37pm
-

3 years later...

"How are you feeling" kaliah asked Dave as he just laid on the bed silent.

He shrugged "I don't know" he mumbled.

As of a few month ago, Dave had started getting really bad anxiety and depression from some new medication he started taking. It was ok in the beginning, at first they worked good and he felt fine it wasn't until a few weeks after he started feeling really sad and soon he felt like they were really taking a toll on him; at first he though it was just a weird funk but he slowly started realizing it was affecting his day to day activities especially around the kids and Kaliah.

He hated being around them because he just felt even worse that he couldn't be at his full potencial for them. Then he'd be mad and angry at himself for not wanting to be around them. They were his kids and he couldn't look at them and know he was to depressed to play with them.

He stopped his past medication because they were making him drowsy but these don't take away his energy they just make him feel like shit emotionally.

"I have to take chunks to his 9 month check up" she said turning away from him.

"Do you not want to go" she asked confused.

She understood that he wasn't feeling up to par lately but it hurt her that it was her and the kids that he'd avoid spending time with. He'd avoid going to the park or doing anything related to the kids using the studio as an excuse although he really hasn't been working on anything new since she got pregnant with Rome.

Kaliah had given birth to Rome Ezequiel Brewster-Smith 9 months ago; July 20th, 2026; he weighed 9lbs 8oz exactly. He was her heaviest baby and still is living up to his chunky monkey name thus far.

She and Dave were overjoyed to find out they were having another baby. She was more than ok with having another baby. The twins were definitely a handful but they were worth every hour lost of sleep.

The twins were now 3 years old and their big boy Easton had just turned 5 earlier this month.

"I do" Dave mumbled "I do" he whispered more so to himself.

"So then let's go you've been in bed all day" Kaliah said annoyed. She was really trying to be understanding but it was really difficult when everything was left up to her it's not easy taking care of 4 kids alone.

"It's not that easy kaliah"

But that's how it's been these past few months and at first she was letting him be but now it's all become to overwhelming for her, she didn't sign up to be a single mom.

She saw Dave close his eyes again and sighed. "Did you at least call your doctor like I've been telling you to" she asked trying to suppress her anger.

He stayed silent. He had this theory it'd go away if he just gave them time to adjust to his system but it wasn't really working out for him.