forty-one

Kaliah Iman
April 20, 2022
Los Ángeles, Ca
-
6:02am

Rolling over I opened my eyes instantly sitting up going to my crying baby boy. It's still so crazy to me. I really a have a son. wow.

"Hey papa you hungry" I asked using my baby voice I lifted my tank top and as soon as I put him near my chest he latched on to my nipple making me smile. "You're so perfect" I mumbled running my hand over his head softly

He unlatched when I moved which made him whine slightly but I latched him back up quickly "you so greedy"

It's happened a couple times now where I get distracted and moved for some reason and he instantly will start screaming in tears it's funny and sad at the same time.

"You need help" I heard dave mumble looking at us through the darkness only one tiny night light which allowed me to see it was him. I shook my head "no it's ok I got it he's just eating"

"You can go back to sleep" I said looking back up to him seeing how tired he looked.

He has been nothing but amazing. any time Easton wakes up or needs anything he's the first one to run and attend to him. it's so cute. But I feel like he's overworking himself. He's still taking care of everyone outside of the house too so I know how tired and stressed he probably is and I try and tell him it's ok and he doesn't have to help with everything but he insists.

"I'll just stay here with you guys" he mumbled sitting next to me on the little couch in the nursery. "Love you" he whispered kissing the side of my face. I smiled "I love you too bubba and thank you for everything you've been so amazing"

"It my job" he slid his head on my shoulder making me smile. I soon heard his breathing slow down and low snoring come after.

I gasped lowly once I lifted Easton up "East daddy fell asleep on us"

"Your so perfect" I mumbled laying him on my now covered up chest softly patting his back to burp him. "My baby boy" I whispered

"You're such a good mom" dave whispered moving a bit.

"Thank you I appreciate that but it's not hard when you have such a calm baby like this" I replied lowly

"Yeah he's the best baby"

"He's asleep" I mumbled standing up getting ready to go back into our room and lay him in his crib there.

I only came into the nursery to not wake dave up but y'all saw how that went. "Cmon I got him" dave mumbled grabbing him from me. I wrapped my arms around Dave's waist walking with him into our room. "Ima go pee"

I walked into the bathroom. I peed and washed my hands off. I adjust my bonnet and walked back into the room. "Thanks for the help but you don't have to all the time I know your going to the warehouse tomorrow"

"You know I don't mind...I don't want to miss any little moment with you or him" he said laying down

I sat on the bed fixing my pillows before laying back. "I appreciate that but please I don't want you to overwork yourself all he does is eat, sleep and poop" I chuckled locking what he told me at the hospital

"I know but I don't want you to be putting all that on yourself; he's my son too and it's not fair to leave all the hard stuff for you I hate to see you yawning all day and you have a job too you have to do all kinds of up keeping with the salon and all the brands that want to work with you on Instagram" he mumbled as his eyes slowly shut