Shipped to Alabama 3

Two and a half months later I was skipping Jessica's graduation party to pack my bags for Alabama.

Over the past two months my parents have seemed to dwindle their love and care toward me. Jessica and Beth started dating the twins, Kyle and Ryan, and they started going on double dates, so I saw them less. Dylan stuck around with me though; he actually helped me stay concentrated on my school work. It's funny how he has kept me out of trouble, when in fact he's my partner in crime.

I was planned to leave at five in the evening the next day from the airport.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. My parents were out, so it could only be one person.

"Come in," I said.

"Hey Sugar."

"Dylan, I thought you went to Jessica's party," I said.

"I was there for about five minutes. It wasn't any fun without you there," he said with a smile.

I just looked at him in silence.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concerned.

I shook my head; I started crying. I covered my face with my hands because I was embarrassed.

I felt Dylan wrap his arms around me. "I'm sorry for crying on you," I said into his chest.

"It's okay, Sugar," he said.

I looked up at him, "I'm just really going to miss you and other things and I have no idea when I'm going to see you again; I don't want you to forget about me."

Dylan wiped the stray tears from my cheeks. "Sugar," he said, "I'm never going to forget about you ."

"If you start dating, I'll be fine with it," I said. Then I smacked my forehead. "You don't need my permission; I was just saying that because we both know that you and I are still attracted to each other to some extent. However, I just want to be friends, like we have been; really good friends. Just let me know about this girl you date one day. Friends tell each other things like such," I rambled.

Dylan chuckled. "Wow, Sugar. You talk a lot," he replied, "I agree with everything and as hard as it is to say right now, I don't mind if you start dating either."

"I probably won't, but thank you," I smiled.

"I'm really gonna miss you too," Dylan said softly. I wrapped my arms around him for another hug.

"Sugar," he said.

"Yeah."

"Can I, um, kiss you one last time? Or even make out with you one last time?"

I stepped back to look at him clearly. "Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Maybe after I'm finished packing," I answered.

"I'll help," he smirked.

* * *

It was eight o' clock that night when Dylan said, "so where are your parents?"

I almost started crying again, but took deep breaths to help me. "They went to Aunt Joyce's after graduation."

"Um," Dylan started, "doesn't your Aunt Joyce live far away?"

"Not too far. Maybe an hour and a half. We had our little fifteen minute 'goodbye party' by the punch table at the school. They told me if they weren't back by two-thirty tomorrow then to go ahead to the airport. They left the plane ticket and a letter of instructions on the kitchen counter," I explained.

"Why are your parents so...so...so heartless?" he asked angrily.

"I don't know." There was a short pause before I said, "let's forget about them for tonight. Now, let us get some water; I am thirsty."

We went to the kitchen to get water. After gulping down my water I turned around to place my cup in the sink. I soon felt Dylan's body being slightly pressed up against the back of mine. Then his lips touched my neck.

"How about that kiss now?" he whispered softly in my ear.

I slowly turned around to face him. Dylan is a bit taller than me, so I got onto my tippy toes.

He put his hands on my hips and said, "Relax."

I put my feet flat on the ground. He leaned his head down. We kissed for about five seconds before I grabbed his hand and took him to the couch in the living room.

He raised an eyebrow.

"It's more comfortable," I said.

"I don't mind at all," he replied.

After kissing for a couple seconds sitting up, I pushed him nicely onto his back. I hovered over him. While we were kissing his hands slid up my shirt; he rubbed them up and down my sides and back.

The first time Dylan and I kissed each other it was very exciting. There were hormones and testosterone everywhere. His hands were wandering to different places on my body. I didn't stop him, however, he stopped himself.
"Sugar," I remember him saying softly, "I don't want to hurt you."
"Okay." I didn't know what to say.
"Will you promise me something?"
"What's that?"
"Promise me that we won't lose our virginity? I want to wait."
"I promise."
So we've never had sex; not even oral.

Now we were on my couch; him giving me a hickie on my neck. It turns me on, but I somehow keep myself from going further.

Dylan stayed over till midnight. We watched No Reservations with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart.

Before Dylan left I asked if he'd see me off at the airport tomorrow. He said he'd definitely be there.

* * *

My parents never came home before I left for the airport. As soon as I picked up my phone to call a taxi, I saw Dylan pull in the driveway.

I ran out and gave him a hug.

"Thank you for coming," I said.

"I thought you would need a ride; or you could skip the trip and come over. Your parents wouldn't know," he suggested.

"No, they would know," I sighed.

Dylan helped me put my bags in his truck; then we drove to the airport.

"Did Jessica or Beth say anything to you about coming to the airport?" I asked.

"No," Dylan answered.

"They didn't say anything to me either. I did tell them I was leaving and wanted to see them before I left," I explained.

Dylan held my hand; not intimately, but to let me know that everything is going to be okay.

At 4:45 I had to say my final goodbye to Dylan. Jessica, Beth, nor my parents showed up to the airport. It was hard for me to say goodbye, but I had too.

After the plane took off I opened the letter that my parents left me.

Basically, it was all information about where I'll be living; that I need a job to pay for food and anything to fix up the house. The house was already paid off. At the end of the letter they wrote, "we love you, Sugar." It's really hard to believe that; however, it is my fault for them treating me this way.