thirty-one

downtown brooklyn

"mama slow down, the house ain't going nowhere. you don't have to rush." kasani pulled endya into him seeing her eyebrows furrow in stress.

"i have to set everything up and finish wrapping gifts, kasani. just move so i can finish." endya spoke irritated as she attempted to move away from kasani.

"chill out," he hugged her tightly "go eat sum then i'll help wrap the gifts. the house clean and we don't have to do no crazy decorations."

endya sighed. she hadn't ate all day and was quickly regretting it. toot, the playful name she gave her new baby, was showing no mercy.

endya had walked away multiple times to pee or vomit. kasani was starting to question why she went to the bathroom so much but he assumed it was due to the big bottle of water she was drinking.

"toot you gotta chill," she mumbled lowly rubbing her very small, almost unnoticeable pudge as she walked to the kitchen to make herself a sandwich and a smoothie.

"papa you want some?" endya gestured to the ingredients that sat on the counter.

"yeah i'll take some, thank you baby." he smiled at her before turning back to the gifts as he arranged him under the tree.

endya proceeded to assemble their two sandwiches and blend their smoothies. she grabbed a few bags of chips from the pantry before taking it over to the dining room table where kasani sat.

"you have all of your gifts wrapped?" endya wondered as she picked up her sandwich taking a bite out of it.

"damn the sandwich ain't gone run away baby," kasani laughed grabbing a napkin and wiping the corner of her mouth.

endya pouted, her eyes burning with tears that threatened to fall but she blinked them away. kasani noticed but didn't say anything since he obviously made her feel bad.

"it's just so good," she smiled placing a few chips on it and taking another bite.

kasani chuckled and shook his head as he watched her eat. all he wanted was to see her happy and he was ecstatic that he was witnessing it.

"stop watching me eat kasani," endya mugged him as she paused in the middle of biting her sandwich.

"you just so pretty man, i love you so fucking much."

since she had become uncontrollably emotional due to her changing hormones, endya wanted to cry again but she had to hold it in so kasani wouldn't ask questions, "thank you handsome i love you more."

..

the family was overjoyed with happiness watching everyone open their gifts. they were extremely grateful for every gift that they had recieved tonight.

everyone got gifts from each other. they even gifted duke a few things.

"we done passing out gifts?" kasani questioned as he looked around the room.

he was trying to keep calm but his nerves were all over the place. he was irritated because of the fact that he was so nervous.

"yup," elaina nodded "that was the last of them."

"e," kasani called to endya and she looked over at him waiting for his response "come sit on the couch baby."

endya sat her fork on the plate since she was eating and slowly rose from the chair. she walked even slower to the couch as she watched everyone look excited.

endya stayed silent watching kasani place his hand in his pants pocket, "i gotta hurry up before i forget what to say." he chuckled lowly.

he got down on one knee and endya's eyes widened. she didn't expect this to happen so soon. it was ironic to her since she said she wanted a ring before a baby.