Chapter 1

Backstory: You lived a happy life living next to the Curtis' from the time you remember up to this point. During this time, your mother caught cancer and died. Your where 8 at the time and about a year later, your father remarried to a soc. Both your parents grew up in the greaser life style; though, your mom never dressed like a greaser girl and more like a soc girl. Your being raised in a mixed life; you want to be like a greaser and your dad's trying to raise you like a soc. Pony, Soda and Darry lost their parents in a car crash. You're 4  years older than Pony and seeing his go through something similar, it broke you. They passed in about July of the year before. That was 8 months ago.

I walk along the path Pony always takes to get to the movie house. He showed me the way about 4 years ago. A year ago, I met the last member of the so called "gang". His name's Dallas Winston. The Dallas Winston. He's strong for his age and goes to jail, a lot. And I mean a lot. He's been in jail more times then I've seen him.

How I met Dally was... strange. Pony and I were walking down town on the side walk. He was walking our way and saw us and stopped us.

"Hey Pony, who's this?"

Pony and I both looked at each other, than at him

"This, This is Y/n L/n"

"How come I've never meet her?"

"You've been in jail and not stoppin' by my house, so you've never really met her I guess"

Anyway, as I walk past a picnic table as all of them are sitting there.

"Hey sugar tits. How have you been?" Dally asks

"Fuck off Dallas"

"Where you off to Y/n?" Darry asks

"The movie house. Heard on the radio that N/M was out" (N/M: Name of movie. Couldn't think of any movie name from the 1960's)

"Want one of us to go with you?" Two-Bit asks

"Nah, I'm fine going alone. What happened to Pony?" I ask

"He got jumped by a couple soc's a little bit ago. We chased 'em off" Soda says

"Damn, he 'ant hurt like Johnny was is he?"

"Nah, just a small cut on his face" Darry says

"Alright, well, I'm heading off"

I get about five steps from the table when my hand's grabbed. I turn around and it's Dallas.

"What?" I snap at him

"You sure you don't-" I cut him off

"I'M FINE. I don't need protection!" I scream

Darry gets up as Dallas let's go of me. I turn back around and walk away.

"Good going Dally. You got out of jail this time for good behavior and you'll go back for harassment" Darry says as I hear a smack

"Ow."

*Time skip*

I get out of the movie house and the suns going down. Great.

Greasers know not to go outside at night. Well, unless you're in your "gang" of people that is. Or a few friends.

I start walking back the direction I came to go home and I hear a car drive up behind me. Me looking like a guy doesn't help my case at all.

I have really long hair. It's a pain in the morning to style it the way I needed so it's out of my face. My mom always loved my hair and taught me many different ways to style my hair and I've used them ever since. On a normal day, my hair's up in a way that it looks like a boy's hair style. Darry gets me confused a lot with Pony and I have to remind him it's me

My step-mom and myself never get along. She's always tried to be your mom and it's gotten worse over the years.

Anyway. I hear the car behind me park and car doors opening and shutting. I just keep walking to try and ignore the situation as best as I can. I feel someone grab my shoulder and spin me around.

"Look what we have here boys. It's a greaser" The guy that spun me around says

It was Bob. Drunk asshole

"Where you headin' off to greaser?" Another one asks

"My house, why?"

I hear a blade flip out.

"Want a haircut?" the one to the right of Bob asks

"Hmmm," The one in front of me let's go of my shoulder. "How 'bout no?"

I turn around and start running for my life. Girls aren't supposed to do track at the high school I go to, but since my dad makes a lot of money, he paid off the principle and track coach to let me join in and do it.

I made it to The Curtis' house in about 10 minutes. I knock on the door and Darry answers.

"Hey Y/n, How was the-" I brush past him and run into the living room.

"Hey Y/n, how was the movie?" Soda asks. He's sitting in their dinning room eating chocolate cake

"Uhh it was fine"

"What's-" Darry was cut off by socs yelling for me

Pony comes running down the haul.

"What the hell? What are socs doing in our neighborhood this late a night?" he asks

"They chased me here. I got them off guard long enough to run here. Guess they finally caught up"

"Y/n what the hell's wrong with you?" Darry asks

"I don't know man. I just look like a guy to them I guess"

*Time skip*

Soda, Darry, Two-Bit and Steve, chased the 5 socs away. I apologized and went home. Thank god the Curtis where right next door to me.

I open the door and walk inside and hear moans coming from my dad's room. My step-mom must have her "secret lover" over again. I try to tell my dad, but he won't listen. He says I'm making it up so I don't have a mom in my life.

I shut the door and walk t my room. My rooms kinda the basic set-up. Bed near the door. Closet to the left of the bed. A bookshelf to the right of the bed. Oh and, the bed's a king size. My bed also faces the window in my room. There's a loft seat there and kinda big bay windows. When you step out onto the porch and look to the left, you can see my bedroom window. It's kinda in a half octagon shape. 

I close my bedroom door and sit on my bed. I lay back and remember some of the things in my nightly routine are in the bathroom next to my dads room Oh well. I sit up and get ready for bed

"Can't brush my hair, my teeth or take off the little make-up I have on. Oh well. Not the first time I've slept without doing those things before."

I remember when I was about 10 years old. My step-mom grounded me for no reason and sent me to my room. I went without eating or drinking anything for about 2 hours when a knock on my window got me to look up from the book I was reading.

It was Darry holding a plate of food. I open my window.

"Hey Darry, what's-" I was interrupted by my step-mom yelling

"Don't you be talking to no one out your fucking window. You're grounded remember?"

"There was no reason to ground me in the first place. I can go over next door right now and call my dad and tell him you grounded me for no FUCKING REASON BITCH" That was the first time I cussed at an adult.

Darry pulled me out my window and took me to his house. I explained everything to his mom and she calls my dad and tells him.

My dad ended up yelling at my step-mom for the first time. That was a show.