Chapter 24, The wedding and the end?

Cherry came over to the wedding haul to help me get ready along with Marcia. I was doing my own make-up. My dress is so pretty. Pony's got a good taste so I picked it. I liked it too. It makes me feel all pretty and I'm happy I can marry Dally.

"You sure you want to do this Y/n? If things don't work out it will be patchy for you two forever right?" Cherry says

"I know that Cherry. I've felt like this for a while with him. I feel safe with him I guess"

"Don't hang yourself out there too far Y/n, you might not get reeled back in" Marcia says. I just turn from the mirror and stair at her.

"Don't get her wrong Y/n, she has a point" Cherry says

I turn back to the mirror and I just look at myself. Should I do this? Like really, should I? Would my dad be happier with me marrying a soc instead of Dally?

A knock on the door interrupts my train of thought.

"Honey," It was my dad. "You doing ok?"

"Yeah, I'm doing ok dad. Can you girls leave for a sec?"

They both leave. My dad moves and stands behind me.

"You sure?"

"I'm being told this could be a mistake. Is it?"

"No. I don't think so anyway. I'm learning to realize you can't be what I want you to. Your mother had a goal for you and I haven't been letting you do that. Marrying Dallas will show your mother what you're truly able to do. Honor Johnny. He'd be happy to see Dallas live another day and marry the girl of his dreams"

"I'm the girl of his dreams?"

"Yes! You always have been, and will always be. He told me before he popped the question. Sure his last ex was a bitch. He loved her."

"Not really. She kept cheating on him, even while he was in jail. I just feel like, am I really the one?"

"You are, I promise."

He leaves and I'm left alone to finish my Make-up. I look at myself, take a deep breath and stand up.

"I can do this." I tell myself as I walk over to my dress.

I look around for some form of a string. I spot some and grab it. I grab it and slip it into the zipper hole. I unzip the dress and slip into it. I pull up the zipper as far as my hands can get it, then I grab the string and pull it the rest of the way up.

I hear another knock at the door.

"Come in" I look behind me and it was Darry.

"Hey Y-/n. Wow, you look so pretty."

"Thanks Darry. I put the dress on myself."

He chuckles.

"Come on. I did"

"That's why Cherry and Marcia are standing outside asking if you're ready to put on the dress?"

"I can't hear them, so I don't know"

He turns back around and offers me his hand. I take his hand and he leads me out of the dressing room. Everyone except Dally was in the room looking at me.

"Wow, you look pretty Y/n. Never thought you'd wear a wedding dress" Pony says,

"I didn't either. But, I found one I liked so I'm wearing it"

My dad walks down the aisle and offers me his hand. Everyone files out and down the aisle to meet at the altar. The doors shut and my dad and I were left in the room by ourselves once again.

"Dad, is it time to back out?" I ask.

"Not really. It's time for you to marry him. Your mother would have loved to see you like this"

"Jonny would have loved to see Dally like this"

The doors open and we both walk out. It's just friends sitting in the seats along the aisle. Greaser friends of Dally and the boys. I have a pit and I feel a bit sick. I know this is what I want but I also don't know if people will object to it.

We reach the altar and I step up and match eyes with Dally. The wedding ceremony starts and we say our vows and I do.

"You may now kiss the bride" the gentle man from justice of the peace says. (Not sure if that was right or not)

Before we kiss, the doors are busted in.

We all look and it's the fuzz (Cops).

"Hands- wait what?"

"It's a wedding, not a teenage drug party?"

The cops look at each other, then at all of us and they just scratch their heads.

"We got a call about a loud party at this address. I think it was a lie to try and arrest non-wanted people."

"Did the caller give you a name? Like the caller gave their name?" I ask

"I think it was Silvia. Was so a females voice on the phone"

I Look at Dally and he looks at me.

"Wanna stay for the reception?" I ask the cops.

"We got other business to do, but thanks for the offer. Sorry to interop the ceremony ma'am"

They shut the door behind themselves. I look back at Dally, who's still looking at the door and I kiss his check.

"See, we-" He turns around and kisses me to shut me up. I slightly backed up, grabbed his hand and I make him run down the aisle.

We start the reception and it goes smoothly, better than expected in fact. When it came to the mother and son dance, my dad danced with him. We all laughed at it. Father and Daughter dance was perfect. It was like I was a little kid again. I even danced with Darry.

*Time skip*

Once myself, my dad and Dally got back to the house, cops were surrounding it.

"What seems to be the problem officer?" My dad asks.

"We got- wait a minute, weren't we just at your wedding ma'am?" He asks as he points at me

"I believe so sir. I bet you that same woman called. Crappy we had to come home to this. I feel bad for all of you. You had to waist your-"

"I'm not the one who's wasting their time Y/n. You are by keeping Dallas Winston from the fuzz" It was Silvia standing behind them

"Silvia. I knew you'd do this. Wasting the cops time so you can ruin what? They got there after we were wed. We already said our vows and I do's and we were about to kiss when the doors were kicked in. So you really ruined nothing."

I'd taken the dress off after the reception was over, so I was comfortable for the ride home and the rest of the night. If she chose to throw hands, I was ready.

"Now, now Y/n-"

"Ma'am. we have to arrest you. You've wasted our time and have made two fake police reports this evening. You will be released tomorrow afternoon"

It was a real sight watching her get taken away in handcuffs. I wave the officers off as they leave. I felt so bad for them.

"So, what now?" Dally asks.

"A new beginning Dallas. Without interruptions for a few days?"

"I have a business trip coming up tomorrow. Will that work honey?"

"Sure dad. Love you so much" I hug him. I don't do that often to him.

Dally and I walk to my room and I shut the door.

"To new beginnings?" He asks.

I sit on the bed next to him as he opens two beers and hands me one.

"To new beginnings" I tap his beer bottle with mine.

This will be an exciting new life. I can't wait for it.