Chapter 5

Eventually, Darry and Soda came home and I asked if I could stay over.

"Hmm, ask your-"

"If I go over there, I'll get locked in my room by her side piece and I'll break my window again"

"Alright, you can sleep on the couch"

Pony, excited, runs to his room and grabs a blanket for me.

"Pony, don't grab the wrong one like last time" Soda says

"What do you mean by last time?" Darry asks

"Uhhh" Soda looks away

"Pony grabbed one and it was soaked" I say

"Soaked with wha- oh" his eyes went wide as he looked at the ground.

The blanket Pony grabbed when you spent the night over about a month ago was soaked with water and it grew moldy.He comes out into the living room with the same blanket.

 "I hated cleaning it up." Darry says

"How did it get wet?" Two-Bit asks

"Their roof was leaking. That's how Darry found out it was leaking" I say

*Time skip*

I get ready to sleep and all the lights are off in the living room.Pony and Soda's bedroom lights are the only lights in the house. I hear a knock on the door and wait to see if Soda or Pony will come out and check the door but nothing happens. So, I have to get up and look through the small glass on the door. It's Darry.

I open the door.

"H-hey Y/n, can you follow m-me?" He sounds cold and a bit drunk

"Why?" I ask

"I n-need a bit of h-help"

I rolled my eyes and followed him outside barefoot.

"What do you- OH MY GOD" I see in the street, a dead soc

"I know right?"

"IT'S A DEAD SOC IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE DALLAS!"

"I know. I need help hiding it"

"Fucking where?"

"The lot will work"

I run back inside and wake up Darry.

"What?"

"Dally killed a soc in front of my house"

"He WHAT!" that made Pony and Soda come running into Darry's room to see what was going on

"What happened?"

"There's a dead soc in front of my house. Dally killed the soc"

They both look at each other.

"Where does he want it buried?"

"Ima call the cops before we bury the body"

I run past Pony and Soda into the kitchen to the phone. I get the phone off the wall and dial 9-1-1.

"Hello 9-1-1 what's the emergency?"

"A friend of mine killed a soc in front of my house because he tried to rape me"

"What's the address ma'am?"

I give her the address and about 5 minutes later, I hear sirens. I run outside to try and defend Dally.

"Hello officer" Dally says calm and content like he's done this a bunch of times

"Uhh I want to ask the person who called about you before I arrest you"

I walk outside.

"I was the one that called sir" I say

"Want to tell me what happened ma'am?"

"I was about to go to bed when he *Points at Dally* knocked on the door of the Curtis house and I answered. He told me what he did. That soc has harassed me for a few days anyway. Didn't think he'd kill him, but it could have been a fight and it was self-defense anyway"

"Ma'am, he killed this person"

"A stalker sir" I say back

"Excuse me?"

"He has been trying to look through my bedroom window for a while"

"Hmm, very well then. Dallas, you're free from jail today. Just don't do this again"

Dally nods at the officer as an ambulance pulls up. The dead soc is taken to the hospital and Dally ran off inside as Darry finally got onto the porch of his house.

"Took you long enough Darry. The cop let him go with no warning too. The soc that he killed is the same one that was trying to peep through my bedroom"

"Well Pony was asking a bunch of questions and Soda was trying to find me a shirt in the dark. Takes him a little to realize he needs the lights on to find what he wants"

I smile at him.

"Dally," I say as I get onto the porch. "You're with Soda and Pony. House rules"