Chapter 3

The Next Day

Ryan stayed at the house with the girls while Normani left to go with Megan to the park again that's their favorite place to go Ryan kept telling them to go other places but ofc Mani doesn't listen when Normani left Ry and Sammie both said that Normani is so hardheaded, they then busted out laughing Ryan and Samantha went outside to the backyard where the basketball court and swimming pool was, they sat there and talked.

"Hey Ry Ry I have a question" Sammie said "what's your question Sami" Ryan said "I know it's not my business but I'm concerned, about Mani but why does she have battle scars for" Sami asked.

"I shouldn't tell you because she said she'll tell you when you're 18 but it's really important and when I do tell you please don't say anything just hug her when we were in the 4th grade she was really going through it depression, anxiety, she would never eat much either and thought no one cared about her but I cared for her one day she came to school she was wearing a hoodie and pants and it was hot outside she ran to the school bathroom and stayed there for first and second period when it was lunchtime she left the bathroom but never ate she was only there to sit with me I took her back to the bathroom and told her to take her hoodie of and her pants because I knew she would have shorts on under her pants so when she did that all I seen was cuts all on her arm and legs I asked her what happened she told me she fell but I didn't believe her so she finally told me she did it herself and I asked her why did she do it and she told me she was sick of living in this world knowing no one loved her but I told her I did and so did y'all's mom I never liked seeing your sister that way but once I did something about it half of her life changed for the better" Ryan said tearing up a bit every time she thought back to the hard times Normani had.

Samantha looked at Ryan and she felt bad that she wasn't there to help but she thinks she can help out now that she's around "Ry Ry do you think there's anything we can do to help her out" Sami said "all we can do is show her that we love her no matter how much she messes up or does something wrong just love her every day I know that not all siblings get along, but Normani needs you so can you please do that for me" Ryan asked "yes I can do that for you I'll be there for her when she needs me I'll love her unconditionally no matter what" Samantha said.

"Let's go get Makaia and we'll swim for a while how does that sound" Ryan asked "sounds like fun" Sami responded Sami and Ry Ry went into the house Sammie went to get Kiki while Ryan was ready and asked the chef to prepare Lunch for everyone upstairs Makaia was asking so many questions because she loves asking questions.

Sami what are you doing? Kiki asked.

I'm putting on my bathing suit to go swimming in our pool Sami responded.

Why? Kiki said.

To have fun stop asking questions and get ready please Sammie said.

Can I wear my mermaid tail? Kiki asked.

I don't care just know I'll have to carry you downstairs because you're not walking downstairs with your tail on, and you fall face first Samantha stated.

Ok fine with me Kiki said put her bathing suit on.

_______________

They were finally ready to go swim in the pool Makaia had a rainbow mermaid bathing suit Sammie had on a sun and moon bathing suit and Ryan had on a white shirt an orange swimsuit bottom and a cover up around her waist Makaia ran outside and jumped into the deep side Ryan started panicking but Sammie told her that she's fine because she knows how to swim because Mani tossed her into the pool, and she swam on her own while they all were swim Ryan decided to play music and they swam around for an hour or two and ate lunch and waited and went back swimming.