Chapter 6

Airport

Derrick and Erica just arrived back in LA and Erica couldn't wait to see Normani little did they know is not one single kid is home and won't be home for at least three weeks on the way back Erica would not stop talking about Normani, she loves her and of course she loves Samantha and Makaia, but Derrick didn't like the fact that she was talking about Normani, so he said something about it.

Erica why do you keep talking about my sinful daughter Derrick asked because Derrick I had no family when I was Fourteen years old me and my family got spilt up and we went into foster care because our mom was a drug addict and couldn't take care of us my brother left us at 17 he had his own job own place and anything you could imagine he didn't care about us I was just like Normani I always had to watch my sisters and protect them when we all got our own foster parents I was never able to see them again but once I turned 18 I bought my own place and found my sisters so basically what I'm saying is respect your daughter because you'll never know if she'll just leave you for good Erica stated.

Normani would never leave me where would she go, she's 17 Erica along with her best friend Ryan Derrick said and do you think Ryan is living with parents Erica asked I don't know she's 17 so why wouldn't she live with her parents Derrick asked you never know she probably went through things at home we just don't know Erica replied I can't wait to get home to my two girls Derrick said you have three girls Derrick Erica said rolling her eyes.

At Ryans House

Makaia was in the backyard playing on the trampoline burning her energy Makaia runs in and out of the house to use the bathroom and get water at the same time when Kiki went back into the house Sammie stopped her from going back out because it was going to rain Kiki went in the living room huffing and puffing, she was upset she couldn't go back outside.

Makaia Laci Ashley Hamilton stop huffing and puffing don't be mad that you can't go back because it's going to rain Sammie said calmly but a little upset.

It's not fair why does it have to rain now Kiki said on the verge of tears.

I don't know pumpkin but if it's gone by tomorrow, you can go back out or even better, we will go to the lake Sammy said

Ok I guess we can go to the lake Kiki says while rubbing her eyes.

Your already sleepy pumpkin Sammy asked.

Kiki nodded her head and put her thumb in her mouth

You are too big to have your thumb in your mouth anymore Sami said

Makaia shrugged her shoulders and stood there Samantha picked her up and walked upstairs to the room they shared and laid her down in the bed and kissed her forehead and left the room Samantha bumped into Ryan on the way out of the room sorry Ry didn't mean to bump into you Sami said it's fine you're the person I wanted to speak to anyways Ryan said "Oh no what did I do now " Sami thought your sister called to check on us and see how we are I told her we're great Ryan says Oh that's great I miss her right now I can't wait to see her again Sammie said with a light smile hey don't look so sad Mani is going to be just fine and if anything goes wrong Megan will call so just take a deep breath and relax Ryan said Sami did exactly that.

Hamilton Household

Erica and Derrick were standing outside their door Erica pulled her keys out and opened the door they both realized that it was to quite Normani, Samantha, Makaia Erica calls out but got no response they looked everywhere in the house and didn't find them anywhere Derrick started blowing up her phone Normani finally responded to him with well since you and Erica went on vacation so did, we Makaia might be back in a week Me and Sammie will be back in three weeks so enjoy your time. :)

Derrick was furious all his kids left the house and only one will be coming back home he didn't understand why she would do such a thing and just leave like she's grown it made no sense to him at all Erica came into the room and asked where the kids were there gone where I don't know but only one is coming back and Samantha and Normani aren't coming back till after three weeks Derrick said really three weeks wow that's crazy I'm sorry but Normani will come around soon Erica said.

Megan's house

Mani was sitting on Megan's couch just looking down at her hands as memories went through her head all she could think of was the good times her and her dad had especially when she was learning how to ride her bike for the first time when she was 4 years old it was her favorite memory she shared with her dad.

Alright Mani I got you I'm not going to let go of the bike I promise Derrick said Daddy I'm not sure about this yet I'm scared Normani said you got this we'll go slow and I promise I won't let go Derrick responded he started pushing the bike as Normani was pedaling when she got the hang of it Derrick let go of the bike and watched her ride her bike without him pushing the back of her bike dad are you still pushing me Normani asked you're doing great baby you're riding your bike on your own Derrick said Mani looked down and saw she was riding her bike by herself I'm doing it I'm riding my bike by myself daddy look I'm doing it Mani cheered you did it baby I'm so proud of you bug Derrick said as he picked up Normani and kissed all over her face while she was giggling I love you Normani I love you too Dad.

Mani was crying so much she didn't even realize Megan was sitting next to her holding her closely it's gonna be ok baby don't worry I'm here for you and Ima hold on to you no matter what Megan whispered Normani held onto Megan and didn't want to let go Megan laid down on the couch and put Mani on her chest  hugging her tightly and kissed her head your my favorite person and losing you would break me to pieces so please don't leave me as long as you're holding me I know I'm home and happy Normani said.