Chapter 3

The following week was stressful as my parents were on hyperdrive to prepare for Nelson and I's marriage. I groan as I flopped down in my bed remembering each day so vividly.

Monday

Dress shoping with mom.

It's always fun to dress shop with your mom especially for a wedding dress. However shopping for a wedding dress for a wedding you never wanted in the first place is not fun at all.

"How about this one?" My mom asks pulling out a dress.

"It's nice. I like the lace on it" I say to her.

"Let's go try it on." My mom says dragging me to the dressing room.

I take the dress from her as I step into the dressing room along with the helper I was assigned.

"Are you excited for you wedding?" The helper asks as she helps me get the dress on.

"Super excited" I lie through gritted teeth.

"That's awesome! The guy must be so lucky to have such a gorgeous bride" The helper says.

"Thank you" I say softly as I look in the mirror in front of me.

"What do you think?" The helper asks.

"I love it. Thank you. Can we show my mom?" I ask.

I had to admit that I loved the way I looked in the white dress. I sigh as I lift the dress up so I could walk out to my mom. My mom gasps loudly seeing.

"Oh baby look at you!" My mom says as she starts to cry.

"Oh mom don't cry" I say quickly.

"I can't help it. Seeing my baby in a wedding dress makes me see how grown up you are" my mom says before turning to the helper. "We'll take this one."

"Great! Let me help get her out of the dress and we will get you on your way!" The help says excitedly.

Tuesday

Cake Testing

"You could at least act happy" Nelson says to me as he sits next to me.

We were picking a cake out for our reception after the wedding. I wanted nothing to do with this since I had to do it with Nelson. I roll my eyes as I throw a fake smile on my face.

Cake was sat in front of us. The flavors ranged from chocolate to even lemon flavored. My mouth started to water at the thought of the cakes that sat in front of me.

"What's your favorite flavor?" Nelson asks.

"Mm probably (favorite flavor)" I answer.

"Then let's start there" Nelson says pulling the cake in front of us. Nelson hands me a fork. I quickly takd a bite of the cake, moaning in delight. "Is it that good?"

"Mhm! You should try it" I say as I scoop up another bite with my fork and holds it out to Nelson.

I watch Nelson blush at what I did. I quickly start to blush as well. Nelson leans forward and take the bite of cake from my fork.

"Oh that is good" Nelson days to me. "So let's go with this one then"

I nod in agreement.

Wednesday

Flower shopping with Nelson and mom.

Mom thought it would be a good idea for Nelson to tag along to go flower shopping with mom and I. So here I was standing next to Nelson as my mom showed us flowers from all over the world.