Chapter 12

I press my head to the cool wood of Nelson's desk as a wave of nausea hits me. Nelson and I were supposed to be working today but I was being hit with morning sickness pretty hard. A knock on the door causes me to sit up.

"Come in" I say.

Wesley walks and notices my state. "You okay?" Wesley asks.

"Yeah of course. What can I do for you?" I say to make him not worry. Wesley didn't know I was pregnant and I planned on keeping that way for a bit since I knew I wouldn't hear then end of it from him.

"Serum version 5926 needs to be cleared for human trials." Wesley says.

"Oh so rat testing is going well?" I say.

"Very well actually" Wesley says holding a few files out to me.

I take them gently before setting them on the table to look through them. I smile as at the results of the testing "this is amazing. I'll have to talk to Nelson but we should be able to move to human trials." I say as I get up.

A wave of dizziness rushes over me quickly causing me to put my hand on the desk to steady myself. "Are you sure you're okay?" Wesley asks concerned.

"Im fi-" I quickly dive for the trashcan near the desk. I cough as I throw up into it. Wesley grabs my hair holding it back. He gently rubs my back as I groan slightly from nausea.

"You are not okay" Wesley says. "We need to get you to a doctor."

"Wesley seriously I'm fine." I say as the door to office opens.

"Step away from my wife" I hear Nelson growls.

Wesley backs away from me. "You're wife is sick and you clearly don't care" Wesley says.

Nelson sets down his things before opening one of his drawers he pulls out a ginger ale and sits it down next to me.

"Thank you" I say sitting on the floor with the trashcan between my legs.

"She's not sick." Nelson says as he moves to pull my hair out of my face securing it back. "It's just some morning sickness, it'll pass soon"

"Morning sickness?" Wesley asks looking at me. I lean back on my hands exposing my slight bump. "You're pregnant?"

I nod. "I have been pregnant for 2 months now" I say.

"2 months? You guys decided to get pregnant directly after being forced to be married. Y/N you told me a few weeks ago thay you hated Nelson" Wesley says.

"First off, i did hate Nelson when we first met. He is my husband and I do love him. Secondly me being pregnant is none of your business." I say to Wesley.

"I think it's time for you leave Wesley" Nelson growls slightly.

Wesley looks from Nelson to me "This isn't you. When you wake up from your delusional dream come find me" Wesley says before leaving Nelson's office.

"Delusional dream?" I question.

"Don't mind him. He's just jealous" Nelson says looking down at me from his chair. He moves so I could lay my head on his lap. "Why was he here in the first place?"

"Serum version 5926 is ready for human trials. He needs you to sign off on it" I explain.

"I will take care of it after you are good" Nelson says running his fingers over the head gently.

"Im okay. Just nausea. Our child is being difficult just like their father" I say smiling.

"Im not that difficult" Nelson says.

I giggle slightly as I look up at him. He moves so he can sit down in the floor with me. He sits behind me and pulls me against his chest. He rubs my belly gently.

"That feels good" I say closing my eyes.

"Good. I just want you to feel better" Nelson says.

"I love you" I say smiling.

"And I love you" Nelson says to me.

I eventually fall asleep against Nelson. When I wake up, I was on the couch in his office with his jacket drapped over my shoulders. I smile as I look over to see he wasnt in office. I sit up noticing a photo with a sticky note covering it.

You need to know the truth and wake up. -W

I move the sticky note to see a picture of Nelson and a female scientist looking pretty cosy with each other. The look on his face was the same look his gives me. I didn't think much about the picture until I seen the timestamp on it. It was today's date with the time being around when I was asleep.

I get up quickly and storm out of the office. Wesley had just stepped out if his house.

"Where is he?" I growl.

"Labratory" Wesley says following me.

"She there?" I say angerly.

"Always" Wesley says.

"Good" I say.

I slam open the labratory door and immediately make eye contact with Nelson who was talking to the scientist in the picture. His eyes widen as he steps back from her. I storm over the clutching the photo in my hand.

"How fucking dare you!" I yell.

"Baby let me explain" Nelson says.

"No need." I growl as I look at the scientist he had been talking to. "If I see you near my husband again. I will make sure you are the first human trial patient and that they are testing an unstable version of serum in you instead of the stable version." She puts her hands up in surrender backing up. I turn around to look angerly at Nelson. I shove the picture against his chest. "And you... you have some fucking nerve"

Nelson looks at the picture before looking at me "Y/N who gave you this?" Nelson asks.

"It doesn't matter who gave it to me" I growl. "Im going home. You can walk home tonight. When you get home I expect you to get on your knees and pray that I forgive you because this is fucking bullshit"

I storm out of the labratory back to Nelson's office to grab his keys. Nelson follows me into his office he closes the door and grabs my arm keeping me from leaving.

"Y/N will you listen to me? Please!" Nelson please.

"Why should I?" I ask tears spilling.

"Because this isnt what it looks like." Nelson says. Nelson grabs my face gently "Look at me" I look at him. "She is an old college friend who is getting married soon. I was congratulating her when this was taken."

"How can I believe you? You look at her like you lover her" I sob.

"Baby. I did love her once many many years ago but I hold no feelings for her now. You are the only person who holds my heart" Nelson says to me. "I only love you"

I continue to cry in front of him. Nelson pulls me into a tight hug. He runs his fingers through my hair gently.

"I love you" i whimper.

"I know you do. You more than proved it with your threat today. Have to say its pretty hot seeing you get protective over me" Nelson says squeezing me slightly.

I punch him lightly as I continue to hug him.