2 | Ar-Feiniel

2 | Ar-Feiniel

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

". . . their sister was Aredhel the White. She was younger in the years of the Eldar than her brothers, and when she was grown to full stature and beauty she was tall and strong and loved much to ride and hunt in the forests."

"There she was often in the company of the sons of Fëanor, her kin; but to none was her heart's love given. Ar-Feiniel she was called, the White Lady of the Noldor, for she was pale though her hair was dark, and she was never arrayed but in silver and white." 

- From The Silmarillion in "Of Eldamar and the Princes of the Eldalië"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Time: 300 F.A

It was not that she had snuck out a lot, but when she did – she did it with at least one other person.

She slung her bag over her shoulder, holding most of her arrows, food, and salves in case she needed them. Her bow was across her body over her blue cloak she stole from Ecthelion's place, hiding her obvious hair as she slipped through the little alleyways towards the edge of the city. Once she spotted the Southern gate, she noticed the usual change of guard up in the towers.

Alongside this, she knew that a certain elleth would be exiting the gates as well and soon noticed her horse arriving at the gates. With the woman's head nodding at the guard at the bottom, the large wooden gates creaked open. Elemmírë took this chance to follow her, allowing her magic to coarse through her body before idly wading towards the gates.

She was just a few feet away from her, keeping her head down as they slowly went through. Most elves who tried to exit the city gates often found it difficult to pass through the many guards situated around the walls. But after decades of learning and watching, Elemmírë had noticed a small gap that made it a mistake. Not only that, but her use of magic allowed the guard to be unaware of her presence, blending herself in her surroundings as if she wasn't even present.

It was another successful attempt, her eyes glancing over to the vast plains of the fields and forestry outside the city before rushing towards the elleth and the horse.

'Lady Írissë,' She called with her mind, causing the elleth to halt and turn just halfway down the cliff-faced path. When Elemmírë brought her spell down, she kept her hood up as she smiled at her friend.

Aredhel, daughter of Fingolfin, looked down to her from her saddle and grinned. "Ah, Elemmírë." She spoke with an impressive tone, "I am surprised you made it. I would assume your brother wouldn't allow you out without a guard."

The Lady of Ondolindë did not know exactly how she was able to easily walk through but did not elaborate any further as she answered: "I may have snuck out."

Thankfully, Aredhel didn't question – shrugging her shoulders. From the corner of the eye, Elemmírë had thought she winked at her, making her quirk her lips. Aredhel spoke casually, "Well, what he doesn't know won't hurt him, would it?" Her head turned forward down the path and changed her tone, "Now, we should head out. You brought your arrows with you?"

Nodding her head, she saw the Lady of Ondolindë nod her head before she gestured for her to hop on. Elemmírë swung herself at the back, holding on by wrapping her arms around Aredhel's waist before she heard her whisper for the horse to continue.

Once they arrived in a beautiful glade surrounded by trees and the city beyond the horizon, Aredhel and Elemmírë hopped of their equestrian companion before setting up their spot within the open area. She equipped her bow in hand, taking a moment to adjust herself with the unfamiliar grip. It wasn't her most preferred weapon of choice; she would rather use a pair of daggers or swords to hunt. But carrying a silver sword created by the noble swordsmiths of Ondolindë would have easily stuck her out amongst the crowd.