Post-Credits | A Meeting in Lorien

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Location: Tirion, Valinor, Aman

Time: Around 1500 S.A

There was a knock on the door.

He stood up from his spot, finishing the piece of apple slices in the bowl on the table before he headed down the corridor. Once he opened the door, he was met by a misty form before it morphed into a silver-haired elf.

The Maia nodded his head, a slight smile on his face as he spoke, "Laurefindelë."

Glorfindel's eyes lit in surprise as he exclaimed, "Olorin, what ails you to be in Tirion, my friend?" He creased his brows and wondered, "Is something wrong?"

Olorin smiled and shook his head, "Nothing wrong. I do have a message, however."

"From whom?" He asked. Which of the Valar requested his presence? It had not been centuries since he had been summoned once more, by Eönwë no less, to be pardoned and gifted for killing a balrog.

Ever like the Ainur, the Maia responded mystically, "I cannot say for they spoke to me never to mention their name." Olorin added, "However, they seek for you to meet in the woods of Lorien in a month."

"Was there a reason?" Glorfindel asked again.

"I believe you already know that Laurefindelë Elentárion."

His heart skipped a beat several times before he shook his head from the memories recollecting. Being re-imbodied was a strange thing to feel, and he felt odd of having his body renewed with no scars. His previous life as the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower. But even before then, he had been tasked to protect someone already. Not a king in either way.

And it was why he felt uncomfortable hearing that title once more. A title that would scandalize every part of Aman if they ever knew about the truth. "I have not heard of that name in years. Just Laurefindelë, Olorin." Glorfindel changed the subject quickly and politely asked, "Would you be staying any longer?"

Olorin kindly declined, "I'm afraid not. Many things to do, my friend."

"Of course. Thank you again." With a share of nods and smile, he watched the silver-haired elf disappear, his form changing into a bird as he flew back to where his Vala should be.

Glorfindel was left standing at the door, his worries lingering over the topic he and Olorin were implying then. About his sister: Elemmírë. He could only hope that she was safe...and still alive on the other side of the world.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

He arrived in the forest of Lorien exactly where and when Olorin specified. As he slipped down his horse, he assured the mare that he will return soon, and began wandering down the path of trees towards the clearing. The place where he would be meeting a certain Vala that hardly showed their presence outside Taniquetil.

Glorfindel already knew the moment he felt their presence. A powerful wave of energy and light filled the forest, and he gazed upon the beauty that was indescribable to any eyes.

The Valië's form diminished, forming into the figure of an elven woman as he walked towards her.

Kneeling, he lowered his head and spoke, "My Lady Varda Elentári."

"You do not need to bow before me, Laurefindelë. For we are now equal. Equal for your valour and sacrifice for your people as well as the carer of my child." Varda's voice, like her light, had radiated into his body like a summer sun. Warmth in his heart as he brought himself up to his stance.

Varda held a kind smile on her lips, the irises of her eyes constantly changing into a ray of colours. Her hair was floating in dark and light strands, with a glimmer that felt like the stars and skies themselves.

"You have asked for me," Glorfindel spoke.

Her voice remained cool and calm, "I know that you have grown attached to Elemmírë. However, the word of Sauron in the East is growing. My husband and the rest of the Valar will be asking you to sail back to Middle Earth along with two of the Maiar chosen." Her eyes bore into his, a light he should be blinded yet soothed. "I ask of you to continue her care along with your task."

With the mention of Elemmírë, his eyes widened, and he replied swiftly, "Of course, my Lady. I have grown to love her as my own blood ever since. She is my sister and will always be my sister."

There was a genuine smile on Varda's eyes, softening slightly. "Thank you, Laurefindelë. But do not forget, that you are also my son. Despite no blood but by my love. I want you to be comfortable and accepting. If you do not wish to go, then you may refuse it."

His thoughts reverted to the prospect of the news. He would go back to Middle Earth, a land tainted by Morgoth's darkness instead of staying here: a paradise and serenity all Eldar loved. In one part of his mind, staying in Aman will protect him. Protect the hollowed burden he had for years during his time in Beleriand.

However, his heart sought for the blonde-haired elleth. Elemmírë...his little sister brought the light of the trees to land that needed goodness so desperately. He wished to see her face once more, to see her ocean eyes and the curl of lips – grinning and laughing at the life around her.

His final answer had been this. "Nay. I want to see her again. I...I left her so suddenly." Glorfindel continued a small smile on his face. "And maybe I would finally be with her again for longer."

The Valië smiled fondly down to him.

He quickly remembered something and blurted out, "My lady."

"Yes, my child?" She wondered, patiently waiting for Glorfindel to speak.

"Will you ever tell her how she was born in the world?" He asked carefully, "How she was created."

At that second, Glorfindel thought he made a mistake mentioning it. Varda's eyes had changed, and an expression formed that would cause all the Eldar to worry as well.

"Soon, Laurefindelë," Varda told him, quieter than ever before.

He gulped again and asked, "What of the Valar? Lord Manwë. Lord Námo?"

In his long life, never had he witnessed the Queen of the Valar become worried about such a thing. Of an individual that was not of the Valar or even Ainu. In fact: Elemmírë was neither of those. And if one would call her an elf, to who truly knew it would be a lie.

Varda sadly smiled and answered him, "Sometimes it is easier to keep it a secret to keep them safe. If word reaches her before she has learnt to control her powers, it will break her."

 A small single tear slipped down her cheek. 

"And I cannot let my child go down a dark path."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

- Elemmírë and Glorfindel will return. -

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

____

A/N: Hehehe...little spoilers for Changing of the Song. ;) If you want to know more then do check that out. It's a massive secret for our characters but obviously something we all know.

Anyhow, Fealassie is now complete and now we head back to the MCU side which would come back straight from the last time we saw Illyria and Stephen Strange. Again, if you don't want to read that side it won't make a difference. These small stories are supposed to flesh out Illyria's character and show the readers how she became who she is now.

Hope to see you soon. ;)

____

Edited: 09/07/2022