Sixth Chapter - Right person, Wrong time.

How do you feel about having different POV's of the characters? Let me know!

-Jasp<3

Simon smiled at me, and brushed my hair back.
"You're not in good shape. Are you feeling well?" He asked me.
"Not really..." I replied, zoning out.
"Oh. Well, I'll stay here until the time being."
I smile back at him.
"Thanks, but I don't understand."
"You don't understand what?"
"Why you're helping me. We literally just met."

Simon's face turns the slightest shade of pink, and he looks around frantically.

"Well, hm, um, well..." He looks down at our hands.
"It's because I want to be... A good friend."

Not the reply I wanted to hear, but it's a good start.
"Oh." I wince.
"What's wrong?" He asks willingly.
"Oh, it's nothing. I think I'm feeling better now." I say, looking away.
"Oh... Well, you don't mind if I still stay, right?" He asks, clearly flustered.

I smile again, and nod my head.
"Yeah, you can come with me and Taylor, but I'm not sure she'll be of much company to you."
"Taylor being the girl who freaked out?"
"Ha- Yep. That's her." I say, and I grab my phone.

Taylor :P
Hey, I just got someone for you. Reply if you're okay, don't if you're not.

"Give me a second here."
I say, and I remove my hand from his soft grasp.

'I'm okay. Simon wants to tag along in our shopping if that's alright.' I reply, and wait for an answer.
'Yess!! He can totally come.' She responds.

"Good news, you can join us." I tell Simon, who was looking up at the sky.
"Oh!! That's great. If you don't mind, I'll probably stay a bit more quiet than normal, but other than that I'd love to join." He tells me, smiling.

Yes! Mission success!

"Thats good. She should be here any minute now." I reply, slowly inching my hand back to its old position.

"Salem! Are you oka-"
She looks at me and Simon.
"..."

Taylor's POV

The two of them are sitting together. Sitting together, and their hands are almost touching. What the fuck!? Why is she doing this to me?? She knows for a fact that I like him.
"Um... So, are you two ready to go?" Play it cool... Don't act surprised.
"Um, yeah." Salem reply's awkwardly.
"Yeah, just let me go grab something really quick. I left my phone in the car." Simon says, running to the parking lot.

I look over to Salem, but she's already looking at me.
"So..." She says.
"What the hell, Salem!? Why would you do that?" I yell at her.
"W-What?? Do what? What did I do wrong? Please, I'll stop."

My stomach drops.

What type of a friend am I? Shouldn't I let her be happy?

"Ah- Um, it's nothing. Really. I'm sorry."
I reply, hugging her tightly.
"I-"
"Okay, I'm back." Simon says, breathing heavily.
"You didn't have to run so fast. We can wait, you know." Salem says, laughing at him.
"Yeah yeah. Let's just... Go inside." Simon lets out a puff, and pushes himself off of his knees.
"Alright, alright. Let's go inside." I say.
And with that, we're off to a... Semi good start.

Simon's POV

The two of them are up ahead and awkwardly interacting. If I were to guess, I'd say that they just had a fight over something, or possibly someone. But there's no sign of a clear winner to this fight. Honestly, I think that Taylor did something wrong to Salem, but I can't be biased. I haven't got the time to actually meet the two of them.

"Hurry up you slow-poke." Taylor tells me, and I jog up to them.
"Chill, I just ran like- A 1000 mile marathon." I reply, and I can visibly see that Salem is tying to think of something to reply with, but nothing comes out.

To me, it looks like Taylor's the one in power right now, but she doesn't quite realize it.

I think, that today is going to be a weird day.