Thirteenth Chapter - I hate to admit it, but...

Simons POV

"2 MONTHS?!" I yell, and I cover my face. Taylor's lying. There's no way. No way that Salem could be put in a mental hospital.
"I-" Taylor starts, but Salem interrupts her.

"When do I leave?" Salem asks.
"When you're done being hospitalized." Taylor replies almost instantly, still hugging her friend.

"Salem? Are you okay?" I ask.
"The real question is are you okay? You seemed pretty troubled." She said, laughing slightly.

"I-" I start to speak, but I pause to let her speak.

"I knew it would come eventually. Actually, I'm surprised it took this long. But, the mental hospital won't 'save' me."  She said.

I breathed in deeply. She's not even sad about it. Not disrupted, nothing. How am I more sad about this than she is??

"Salem, don't hide your feelings to us. We're your friends, not your mom." Taylor says, rubbing Salem's back.

"Honestly I've suppressed my emotions by this point. I guess I'm sad about it. But, maybe the hospital will help me. Anyway, Simon, how was it breaking Evie's face?" She asks, smiling at me.

I smile genuinely, and I rub my forehead.
"Eh, it wasn't that bad. The only hit she landed was on my chest, and it was pretty puny." I responded.

"Yeah, I'm sure it was very entertaining." She laughed.

I smiled again, and only nodded my head for a response. I was still trying to process what had just been said to me.

"Speaking of Evie," Salem paused. "Is she in the hospital or something?" She asked.

"Um, Im pretty sure she's in room 193. Why do you care?" Taylor said.

"Well, I'm a decent human being, am I not? I'm still worried about her. I mean, Simon could have definitely killed her if he wanted to." Salem said, looking at me.

Taylor smiled secretly, and then opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

Soon enough, a lady that looked almost exactly like Salem walked into the room.

"Oh my god, Salem!"
"Mom?" Salem asks.
"Sweetie, are you alright-" She paused to look at me briefly, and then made a confused face.

"Who is this?" She asked Salem.
"Oh, um, his name is Simon." She responded.

"Oh!! Simon, you sure are a cutie. I'm Jacqueline, Salem's mother." She said, waving at me with her hand.
Salem blushed due to embarrassment, and she punched her mom lightly in the leg.

"Mom." She said, frowning.
"Sorry, sorry. You planning on dating this Simon?" She asked laughing.

"You see?! Even your mom agrees with me." Taylor butted in, laughing.
"Oh? So you two have known each other for how long now?" Jacqueline asked.

"Umm, just over a month and a half now." Salem answered.

"Ooo! Perfect timing, Simon. I'm sure my daughter just adores you! Though, I haven't heard much of you, but my daughter doesn't speak to me anyways so who cares!" She laughed, but no one else did.