The Concert (Teacher!AU Pt. 4)

Two weeks of practice seemed to fly right by for (Y/N). Yes it was a bit physically tolling along with all her other classes and work, but this was something she really enjoyed so that made up for it in some way. And the buzz from Stu's impromptu kiss stayed with her through it all. The few days afterward it was hard for her to focus on her music, but eventually she was able to quell the insistent daydreams about Stu and get back on track with the rest of the class. Of course this didn't mean they stopped completely, especially when she was just alone doing homework or watching some media on her laptop. She wondered what would've happened if she had pulled him back after he broke the kiss, if he would've taken her to his place after rehearsal or even taken her right there. The thoughts always managed to fluster her even more and she would have to do something to calm herself down.

When the day for the performance finally arrived, (Y/N) was her regular amount of nervous as she messed with her hair in the bathroom some hours before they were to start. It didn't matter much because after she put on her performance dress she would just have to fix it again, but messing with it eased her nerves somewhat. Once it was an acceptable amount of mess, she left the bathroom and went to get a snack from one of the music hall's vending machines. She had heard from some classmates that talent scouts would be there today, and whether or not that's true (Y/N) always planned to give more than one hundred percent in these concerts. For singing to be her job would be a dream come true. Even if it was always in a chorus like this, or maybe as a back-up singer, she didn't care much.

Lost in thought, as well as having a lapse in memory of where the vending machines are, (Y/N) found herself in a dead end. She sighed and relaxed against the wall, rubbing her face as she thought about the different ways this evening could go.

"Everything okay?" A familiar voice called from the other end of the hall.

(Y/N) looked up and felt her face heat up as Stu walked down to her with a large grin. "Stu, I didn't know you were gonna be here." She matched his grin and went to him with the intention to hug, but her gait stumbled the last few feet as she realized he might not want one. When they are a few inches from each other, she awkwardly holds her arms behind her back and gives a smaller smile. "I'm happy to see you."

"Well, I had to come see how you all have gotten along. Also I'm the accompanist." He rubs the back of his neck as he looks down at her. His other hand fidgets at his side, the dress pants he wore not giving him the comfort of pockets. "I'm happy to see you too. Uh.." he clears his throat and opens his arms, his gaze finding the wall very interesting at that moment.

(Y/N) bites her lip and accepts the invitation, holding him close and laying her head on his chest. "Quite the charmer," she jokes and looks up at him. "This is nice."

"Yes, you're uh...soft," he stutters and rests his head on top hers. (Y/N) giggles and he softly laughs with her. "I'm excited for this concert, Rus did a very good job in teaching you guys." He starts to rub her back and she leans closer to him. His hand moves around to hold her chin and gently have her look up at him. "But I may have a little favoritism when I say you sound the best out of the lot."

(Y/N) laughs and reaches up to hold his hand, placing it on her cheek so she could lean into it. "If that were true then I'd have the solo parts, not that I really want them."

"You would be wonderful." His hand goes to her hair. "Maybe you could give me a solo sometime?" (Y/N) blushes and lays her forehead against his chest. "If that's something you'd like to do."

"I...would love to, Stu." She looks up at him again and he silently gazes back. His hand trails back to her cheek and his thumb traces her lips.

"I quite like the way you said that," he mumbles then pulls her into a kiss. It was as soft as the first one but he kept it for much longer. His hands trail down to her hips, pulling her against him, and the kiss becomes more heated. More energetic. (Y/N) moves her hands up into his hair, it's as soft as she imagined.

He pulls back panting, looking down at her as if assessing her reaction. (Y/N) didn't want him to stop and her body relays that by using his hair to tug him back. He groans and immediately captures her lips again, pushing her against the wall. (Y/N) gasps into the kiss and he takes this as an invitation to deepen the kiss, his hands exploring more. His movements had purpose yet were still hesitant, ready to stop if she asked him to. But she didn't want him to. The kiss escalated so much so quickly, Stu was soon lifting (Y/N) up and pressing against her even more.

Echoing steps coming close to the corner is what forced them apart. Stu leaned against the opposite wall, running his hand through his hair as he tried to steady his breath. (Y/N) was doing a similar routine, keeping her gaze down as Professor Russel turned the corner.

It was silent for some time before he cleared his throat. "(Y/N) everyone is getting dressed and warmed up, please go join them. Mister Stuart and I have some things to discuss." (Y/N) nods and quickly makes her way back to the auditorium.

The concert went off without a hitch, though whenever (Y/N) looked towards Stu playing the piano she found that he was staring at his hands the whole time. For the whole two hours, there were only some stumbles, but overall it was a wonderful performance. Afterward, many students went to speak with some audience members but (Y/N) just went to change out of her dress. Something felt off now, and she was scared all that happened with Stu was a mistake and Russel knew that somehow. Though her fears were somewhat confirmed when she went back to the near empty auditorium and found Stu long gone. An empty place at the piano, and an empty place in her heart.