Do you like Scary Movies? (Male!Reader)

(Happy Halloween everyone! This marks the official end of this book, so look forward to the revamped College AU. As of now, I'm still confident I can get the first chapter out by Thanksgiving and after that I will try a new chapter weekly, but no promises <3)

The best time of the year, some would say. The air is crisp, the leaves are crunchy, and pumpkin spice lattes are in the hands of every woman despite calling them "basic". It's fall. More specifically, Halloween month. In about a week's time trick or treaters will begin flooding neighborhoods and haunted houses will flow with adrenaline seeking teens and adults. Although some have already started with their fear-loving activities and many have decorated their house with skeletons and cobwebs. One such decorator stands in his living room, shaking upon a dining chair.

"Come on..." (Y/N) grumbles while attempting to hang a string of pumpkin and ghost dolls along the wall. He leans forward and has to quickly push against the wall as the chair lurches to the side, pulling a startled yelp from his mouth.

The sound of quickened footfalls echoes from the short hall and soon Stu slides across the hardwood floor before rushing over to wrap his arms around (Y/N)'s waist. With him on the chair, Stu's face nestled against the small of his back. "Peppermint, what happened?" His question laced with worry.

(Y/N) sighs while smiling to himself. "I'm okay, I'm okay," he assures him. "Just got scared by the chair." Another yelp is pulled from him, although this time from glee, as Stu lifts him up and places him on his feet in front of himself.

"You shouldn't be doing this by yourself, besides I thought we were gonna decorate together later tonight?" His head tilts and (Y/N) places his hands on his cheeks.

"I got antsy, what else was I gonna do while I waited? You're back there writing all day, I don't wanna distract you." Stu pulls him into a kiss and chuckles against his lips.

"You never got to worry about that Peppermint. I think about you enough on its own to distract me, having my muse in front of me would actually help me concentrate." He kisses the racing blush that grows on (Y/N)'s face. "Either way, I'm here now so let me help with these." He takes the rope and easily loops it around the hooks along the wall.

(Y/N) crosses his arms and smirks when Stu turns back to smile at him. The glint in his healed white eyes asks a certain question. "You're too tall, get shorter." He leans up to ruffle Stu's cute blue hair. He laughs and hugs him close, lifting him up an inch or so to spin around the living room. (Y/N) is constantly shocked by the surprising strength Stu possesses.

He sets him down and goes to the small box of yearly Halloween decorations they've been collecting over their years together. "Let me put up some stuff while you relax. You can pick a movie!" He adds excitedly, an adorable grin spreading on the man's face.

(Y/N) feels that familiar warm sensation in his chest as Stu smiles and he gives an equally excited nod. Focusing on the TV, he picks out one of his favorite holiday appropriate movies.

Later on in the evening the pair is curled up together on the couch, watching the -nth movie for the night. Over time the movies have become more and more horror leaning, which (Y/N) is sorta okay with but Stu absolutely can not stand it. His face does not leave the crook of (Y/N)'s neck as screams flow from their TV speakers. (Y/N) rubs his back all the while. Sometimes he would also look away, but the shadows beyond the windows unnerve him slightly more than the slasher movie flashing on the screen.

"Stu, honey, could you go close the curtains? I'm getting anxious." His head lifts up just enough where his white eyes gleam up at him. (Y/N) gives Stu his patented puppy dog eyes and he relents with a groan, only fully getting up after a kiss was planted on his lips. (Y/N) watches him as he walks away and he takes the time to admire his skinny form.

He closes the curtain with a flourish and smirks at (Y/N). "What are you looking at?" He teases and (Y/N) tears his eyes away with a stark blush. "Oh don't get shy now." He slowly crawls back on to the couch and leans over him. "What's the matter?" He whispers as (Y/N) attempts to hide behind his arms.

"We're watching a movie," he mumbles with a fluster. Stu takes (Y/N)'s arms and gently holds them to the couch cushions. Whatever else (Y/N) wants to say dies on his lips as Stu gazes at her with need.

"And?" He prompts, still smirking, but (Y/N) is unable to continue. He takes the opportunity to capture his lips in a kiss, humming as there's still a hint of chocolate on his tongue from their movie snacks. The kiss quickly turns into a make out session and the movie is pushed far from their minds.

Long after it ends, (Y/N) lays on top of Stu's bare chest softly panting while listening to his quick heartbeat. Stu's arms wrap around him, rubbing his bare skin and massaging some sore muscles. (Y/N) languidly lifts his head and smiles at the dazed look on Stu's face. When he notices him watching, he leans to kiss his nose and chuckles with a whisper. "Still scared?"