2D x Reader (Sleepless in London Pt 3)

2D woke up first, the sound of his alarm clock blaring in his ear as he grumbled and slapped it off. At first, nothing seemed out of the ordinary for the blue-haired boy. It was a brisk, autumn morning as the sunlight managed to break through the crack of his closed curtains, and he tugged on the blankets to try and combat the cold. Though he wasn't that cold this morning, in fact, there was something very warm pressed against his chest. Rubbing the bridge of his nose, 2D looked down and tried to focus his vision enough to see the warm thing. He saw some (y/h/c) hair and heard soft breathing, his confusion grew. Finally, the sleep haze left his mind and his hand relaxed right on a feminine hip, that's when it hit him. There was a girl in his bed! But who?

He rubbed his forehead and looked closer, trying to make out the face. His heart almost stopped when he saw (Y/N)'s face centimeters from his. He froze completely, his hand still against her hip, and it certainly didn't help when she shifted closer to him in a possible attempt to get warmer. Why is she in my bed? 2D thought to himself in his moment of panic. Did she just crawl in during the night, did we sleep together and I just don't remember? He whimpered softly, thinking that was the case. He was very hesitant to let (Y/N) sleep in his bed, Murdoc called him a hypocrite almost every time he denied her, always coming up with a new excuse. The truth was, he didn't just want her to be another girl he slept with. He wanted this relationship to mean something, and, well, he didn't want to fuck it up with his old habits. Though...seeing her up against his chest like that, peaceful as ever, made him smile and his hand moved up from her hip to rest on her back in a sort of hug.

He was still wondering why she was in his bed, but he could ask her that when she woke up. Yet it seemed that was going to happen sooner than he thought, as (Y/N) started to stir. Mumbling softly as she awoke, (Y/N) took in her surroundings. And as the memories of last night began pooling back, the nightmare as well reared its ugly head in her mind, causing her to tremble in 2D's arms. Which in turn, caused him to have a little freakout. Why is she trembling? Is she scared, cold, regretting getting in bed with? His arm tightened around her as a reflex and she looked up at him with wide eyes.
"2D! Oh God, I'm so sorry for getting in your bed, I know you said I shouldn't, but...but I had a nightmare and I know that sounds childish but I really didn't know how to deal with it and I was sca-" Not knowing what else to do, 2D kissed her to stop her rambling. (Y/N) froze then melted into the kiss.

After a moment, he pulled back and smiled at her. "Luv. I don't mind you in my bed, I...never mind. What's this about a nightmare?" He asked, hoping to comfort her. She shook her head, afraid to say what it had been, afraid that if she said it, it would somehow become real. 2D gently cupped her face. "You can tell me," he coaxed.

(Y/N) sighed and looked away, not wanting to meet his eyes. "I dreamt....you were ...dead." Her voice was barely above a whisper when she revealed the last part. With no words, 2D's arm tightened around her and she looked back to him. "I...I needed to come check on you," she admitted. "I know it sounds silly, but I was terrified Stu." She held onto his shirt for comfort and to ground herself. "And then I...well I just fell asleep next to you. I'm sorry."
There was silence for a few minutes as Stuart processed all that had been said to him. "Luv," he finally whispered. "You don't need to be sorry. I don't mind yew being in my bed at all." He slowly laid back down and held her to his chest. "I was scared of rushing yew, or making yew think you had to do something when yew don't." He was softly petting her hair as he tried to explain his reasoning. (Y/N) enjoyed his touch and smiled softly, just happy her boyfriend was still in one piece and peaceful as ever.
"I love you Stu," she whispered against his chest, ready to fall back asleep in his comforting embrace.

And Stu was thinking the exact same thing, today could be a nap day, he decided. "I love you too (Y/N)." He kissed her forehead and pulled the covers back up to surround them once again in the soft, warm embrace.