chapter one

-he's beautiful

-he's beautiful

🕯

YOU WERE SITTING IN YOUR mom's car, listening to music and looking out the window for almost 1 hour. A quite long ride, right? Well, that's exactly the problem.

Your dad left your family about three years ago, leaving your mom to take care of you alone. It didn't make such a big difference, since he was never there anyways. His choice to leave was better than staying, and you knew it.

However, after two years, the lack of money started to become a problem. The truth was that you would skip meals often to let your mother eat more when you were at home. After all, she was the one working to bring food to the table and to keep a house while you were just sleeping at school. She deserved it more.

Those times were hard and you hoped it would be better, that the situation you were living in would eventually stop being that draining.

That's what you used to tell yourself, but now that it's actually happening, you don't know how to feel about it.

Your mom knew you pretty well, and asked, "How are you feeling sweetie?" She looked at you, a worried look on her face. You were close to your mother, but you never told her how you felt. You used to keep everything inside you. "I'm fine,"

It was true, you were fine. You just found it weird. Weird that you had to move into a new house and live with your new stepdad and his son, whom you had never even seen once. You thought it was a sudden act of your mother out of desperation and in need of money, cause you weren't going to lie, you were moving into a bigger house that he was mostly paying, but you preferred to tell yourself she really liked him. Otherwise, it would have been a pretty sad situation and that's not something you want to think about.

"Just fine?" Your mom asked, her eyes on the road, searching for your new house.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean, I'm kind of sad I have to move schools. I didn't really like the one I used to go to, but I'll still miss my friends, you know? At least, I already have one going to my new school, but moving with a guy you met like 4 months ago?" You mumbled the last part, wanting your mom to hear, but not wanting to sound rude.

She pulled into the parking of the house, stopped the car, and looked at you with a soft expression.

"I know all of this is sudden, but it's for the best and I hope you know it. I'm sure you prefer this then how we were before right? I know you never met both of them, but you will today. It's early in the morning, so they'll come somewhere in the afternoon. You'll see, Seokjin is a really great guy, and his son, Bangchan, too." You didn't answer, only nodded, and left the car with your stuff.

You looked at your new home and what a change. It was nothing like the old one-floor house you lived in. That house in front of you was pretty and well taken care of.