Chapter Nineteen

(HEADER IMAGE IS NOT MINE, CREDIT TO ORIGINAL OWNER)

Ya know, I think I'm gonna put the T.B.C at the point where the new chapter starts AND when the new chapter ends since it makes it easier for me. 

Anyway, enjoy!

~August

.

.

.

.

Denki's POV

The door opened a crack, but didn't open any further. All I could see was...

Was...

Purple hair...

T.B.C

My body was filled with rage but I schooled my features as I said, "come in Shinso."

He was hesitant but opened the door slowly, "hey Kam..."

I smiled, relieved when it wasn't so forced but didn't respond.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Shinso stepped forward nearing my bed.

"I brought you food..." he gave me a small smile and continued, "the nurse told me you were awake."

I nodded, "I just woke up a few hours ago and was surprised to hear a villain cared enough to bring me here."

He flinched, "Kam...chargebolt," this time, I flinched, "I didn't mean for you to get hurt, I promise it wasn't my intention."

"Just call me Kam," I murmured and he looked at me with surprise, "and I believe you but you seem to not have any problems harming people then letting them die so why was I any different?"

He sighed, "it's easier to harm people you don't know, but when it's people you care for, it changes everything," my eyes widened but Shinso ignored it, "I'm not a monster, whether you believe that or not. I've never directly killed anyone."

"Anyway, I was hoping we could move past the fact that I'm a villain and you're a hero," he said looking down, "but of course, if you never want to see me again then I'll understand."

"That depends on what food you brought me," I said jokingly and he smiled.

"A coffee with creamer and a blueberry muffin."

"Oh, so you were paying attention."

He nodded, "I suppose I was."

"And i'm guessing you got yourself a coffee, no creamer," I said thinking for a minute, "and a cheese danish,"

"Close," he said mischievously, "I decided to mix it up a bit and get an apple danish instead."

I rolled my eyes, "that's totally not fair."

We talked for hours but it only felt like minutes and soon he had to go. I felt the urge to beg him to stay but refrained, knowing that if any of my classmates saw him, they'd most likely attack him.

T.B.C

This definitely isn't my best work but I hope y'all enjoyed. Thank you all for 1K, it means a lot to me knowing that at least a few people read my chapters! It makes writing and posting worth it! 

~August