𝒗. chapter five

⋆✩⋆ ─── *ೃ:.✧✲*─── ⋆✩⋆

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆✫ 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐄 ✫☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★
✫ 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐄 ✫
★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

RECKLESS AND DANGEROUS.

The twins were never seen without one another, never strayed too far from each other and never did anything alone. Such habits and routines came from the never settling fear of capture, death and a fate far worse than any—as Minerva had always warned them—but when did young hearts ever listen to reason?

It seemed only natural for the brother and sister to indulge in mischief together as well. Once Luuk had jokingly said; they were born together and lived together, it would only be fair that they died together as well. Minerva's blood had ran cold, color evaporating from her ageless features and Irina delivered a harsh slap to the back of his head for his unamusing words.

And now, unfortunately, trouble had found them both.

Irina had always muttered how reckless her brother was, how his carefree nature would soon land them in a heap of trouble. Whether it be his loose tongue or his knack for emptying pockets as well as rivers, he'd made quite a few enemies for himself—both Grisha and otkazat'sya—and as his sister; it was her duty to stand beside him through it all.

No matter how much she'd wish him death for his carelessness, Irina never quite seemed to steer far from his problems.

The girl had a reputation for herself as well. The Inferno, they called her, for her fire was breathed from the bottom of the steepest pits, hellfire came alive and all consuming. She was fiercely overprotective and hot-headed. In some edges the twins fit one another perfectly and times again, they couldn't be more different.

But they were loyal nevertheless.

"Hey freaks!" Shouted Mikhail, the older boy her brother had been taunting for the past month.

Immediately Irina looked to Luuk with a glare. "What have you done now?"

The Tidemaker only shrugged innocently. "Nothing, I swear."

With a sigh she stood from the seat as they were waiting for Minerva to come home so they could cook themselves dinner. But once the girl turned on her heels to stroll towards the door when it was lurched open with such ferocity that it was torn from its hinges.