𝒙. chapter ten

⋆✩⋆ ─── *ೃ:.✧✲*─── ⋆✩⋆

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆✫ 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 ✫☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★
✫ 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 ✫
★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

LUCRETIA COULD TASTE MERZOST IN THE AIR.

Her legs carried her across the endless trees and through the secret passageways hidden from hunters and predators so she could reach him before it happened all over again.

     She knew the allure of chaos, the call of death and how easily it consumed souls and left corruption in its path. She was once addicted to the power, the control, Blood Magiya gave her. Like a drug of crimson, she chased the high of destruction like moth to a flame. Like a desperate creature helplessly walking to her own demise.

She could understand despair, how it tempted one to act upon their most darkest impulses, and how enthralling the rush of power after it was. She'd fell prey to disarray long ago, and now she was to be the powerless witness to Aleksander's downfall.

Too far away.

The risk was too great, the consequences would be incredibly dire if she was to not make it in time. And Lucretia could not allow another reign of terror and darkness to rule over the innocent souls trapped in their homes. She'd finally rid the world of one evil, there shouldn't be another.

Not so soon.

In her hurry to salvage the one person she had left to be her eternal companion, she failed to notice the sea of red following her in enraged waves. The mist of scarlet glowed beneath her skin, lighting the blood in her veins. The whispers only grew louder the longer she paved her way to Aleksander, they spoke of death and devastation.

With a sudden gasp, her feet skittered to a halt as she felt the frozen grip of a deathly fear choking the air out of her lungs.

No, no no no, no no no. This wasn't right, this wasn't right, this wasn't right.

She felt the burning of her tears rushing down her hollowed cheeks, the throbbing of her open scars, the wound on her broken heart reopening more and more. The shudder of something dangerous, something destructive ran down her spine making her tremble with fear.

She was frightened, the new sensation of power, the rawness of it, the pain of it. This had never happened to her, this wasn't supposed to happen. She panicked and her heartbeat picked up its pace, it thumped against her ribcage with such force she was surprised how it hadn't jumped out of her chest yet.