Chapter 2

Once we arrived at our house I got out of the car quickly and headed to the door. I saw that my other brother Jeremiah was behind us but I ignored him and unlocked the door with my house key and went inside.
"Courtney, come on talk to me! This isn't over!" Henrik shouted
"Yes it is just leave it alone. It's none of your business!" I said as I headed into the kitchen and saw that both of my dad's were home. Great. I thought.
"Leave what alone? What happened to your face?" My Papa Harry said as he got up and took a good look at it.
"It's nothing." I said pulling away from him and grabbing an apple and a water bottle.
"That isn't nothing young lady. What happened?" my dad Niall asked curiously.
"Just leave it alone! And you stay out of my business Henrik!" I yelled and ran to my room in tears and slammed the door.
Once in my room I ran to my bed and quickly ate my apple and placed my water bottle down on the floor and cried into my pillow. Why did Grayson do that? He's never been like that before. Maybe he was just having a bad day.
I continued to cry until I heard a knock on my bedroom door.
"Go away Henrik!" I shouted.
"It's dad and papa can we come in?" I heard my dad ask.
"Y-yeah." I said sitting up and hugging my pillow as my fathers walked in and papa shut the door. They both then came and sat by me on my bed. Papa on my right and dad on my left side.
"Now what were you and Henrik arguing about coming home from school and what happened to your cheek young lady?" My dad asked.
"Yeah, what is going on? You and Henrik barely ever fight." Papa said.
"We got into an argument about Grayson Daniels." I said.
"Doesn't he live a few blocks away from you?" My dad asked.
"Yeah."
"But that doesn't explain why you and your brother were arguing." Papa said.
I bit my lip and looked down at the floor avoiding both my fathers gazes.
"Him and I have b-been d-dating for about 5 months." I say nervously.
"What?!" My dads yelled at the same time.
"See this is why I didn't want to tell you!" I said as I continued to cry.
"We're sorry we yelled. But sweetie, we need to know what happened?" My dad Niall said.
"Grayson h-hit me and Henrik d-dragged me home after he saw it." I said looking down at the floor.
"I'm gonna kill him!" I heard my papa Harry say.
"We can't do that love. Yes it isn't right but you cannot kill a teenager. Courtney I think it would be best if you break up with him." My dad Niall said.
"But I-"
"Your father and I do not want to see you get hurt again or worse." My dad Niall said.
"Besides dear," My papa Harry said lifting my chin up so I was looking at him. "That bruise on your cheek is proof he will just do it again. I'm sorry dear but you have to break up with him. Now try and get some rest." My father Harry said.
Both my fathers left my room before I could say another word. What was I going to do? Do I break up with Grayson or do I go behind my dads backs and stay with him? Besides he won't do it again right?