Playground Rules {Jungwon} pt.2/2

// Third POV //

Heeseung kept to his promise. After wishing Jungwon's parents a good evening, he assured them that he will take care of their son. His parents were easily reassured because Heeseung always did.

He gathered Jay and Sunghoon. Sunghoon especially because before he was a trainee, he used to be a troublemaker in school. After he joined the idol program and couldn't figure skate anymore, Sunghoon didn't know how to cope with his anxiety and anger issues. It took him forever to compartmentalize that figure skating took the anger issues out of him and without it, he didn't have a way to relieve stress.

He had, on more than one occasion, gotten into fights like Jungwon before. So he will be crucial in trying to get through to their leader.

Heeseung didn't mean to slam the door, he guessed that he was angrier than he was showing.

This movement caused Jungwon to jump and look up from his lap. Heeseung really felt guilty when he saw how upset Jungwon was. He knew there was more to this and frankly, Heeseung just didn't believe Hyunki.

Out of all of the members, Jungwon was the most sensitive. He was timid, anxious, and lovable. Him bullying someone is the equivalent to Hell freezing over.

He would be too scared to have to answer to his hyungs and father for it, but he would also hate being mean to someone. He couldn't live with himself if he was a bully.

With Jay on his right, and Sunghoon on his left, Heeseung kicked off the lecture:

"Is there anything you'd like to say?"

"What's there to say?" Jungwon shrugged. His face was red hot, his anger was overflowing and was feeling nothing but hostility.

Heeseung heard his snappy composure and complained. "How about an explanation?"

"Why's it matter? You won't believe me anyway."

"How do you know? Maybe you'll be surprised."

"No, because you believed that dick. All he had to do was cry and suddenly the whole story shifted and I'm the bully." Jungwon squeezed his crossed arms to realize half of his anger.

Heeseung could sense how much Jungwon was holding back. It will do no good to go on with him this mad.

"Jungwonnie-"

"I mean, c'mon, hyungs! I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't talk back or scream at you but I just can't help but feel hurt that none of you even tried to hear my side! Did nobody think to ask for the whole story?!"

He let out an agonizing breath, damn did it feel good to let this all out, even though he knew he was going to be in more trouble for speaking like this to his hyungs. At least they know he was not happy about any of this.

Heeseung took in a deep inhale. "Jungwon, listen to me very carefully."

"Yes, sir." Jungwon became his true self again.

"Your hyungs are going to stand out in the hallway. We'll give you about half an hour to calm down and collect yourself. We're not going to make any progress with you so amped up. So, we'll take a break. Think of what you're going to say, and we'll discuss this further. We love you."

Heeseung elbowed his two members and they all stepped back, following their oldest hyung out the door.

Jungwon was speechless, not expecting this. His hyungs really do care about him and well-being, such an overwhelming feeling. He promised himself to try his best and get his thoughts together.

As soon as they left, Jungwon threw himself down on his bed and grabbed a pillow. He put his head, face-down, in it and screamed at the top of his lungs. It was just as satisfying but not as freeing.