Dead End {Sunghoon + Maknae Line}

// Third POV //

Water dripped down Sunghoon's throat like wet concrete. Inside, he was an empty shell of the person he was supposed to be. In a way, everybody expects everybody to be like their assumptions. If someone thinks you're rude than you are permanently an enemy to them, if you appear to be cheerful than people will instantly like and defend you.

The biggest mistake with this kind of notion is that not everyone is that easily identified. In fact, nobody is who they appear to be, at least not in a literal sense. The happiest people are the loneliest and the most cruel people are the most delusional.

Most humans are decent. You have a couple of obvious open-book evil and open-book martyrs. In almost all cases though, people are never 100% evil or 100% good. It was never something that someone can tell you, it's something that you have to learn down the road, when you start to experience that feeling of otherworldly dilemma of whether you are a good or bad person.

Sunghoon had this odd habit of smelling his hands when he's unnerved. It was quite strange but it was something that worked and brought him back to reality. Snapping back to the scene, he was at the wheel of his car, knuckles white and eyes bright red.

He veered at the overhead mirror, observing Jungwon and Sunno's conversation curiously.

In his moody vision, he glared at the car in front of him as they cut him off. A bite of irritation plagued him. He was having a difficult time with the GPS. It was telling him to go straight but then, after a simple thought, it changed his mind and instructed Sunghoon to take a hard right, despite the fact that they were on the interstate.

Niki didn't understand why Sunghoon drove. He doesn't have road rage but it stresses him out to the point where murder would be acceptable. It worried him, that obvious friendship type of worry that was getting to be like second nature to the teenager.

Sunghoon just reminisced about everything they had to do tonight. They were dressed nicely because they were meeting their fellow Enhypen members at one of their managers' houses for a party. None of them knew really why they were coming. None of them liked this particular manager and they were physically worn down from practicing all day. They managed to get sucked into it somehow, hence to why Sunghoon was driving so slow.

Heeseung, these days, was getting hell-bent on punctuality. Everything was about their image, about being role models, being grown-ups.

He was always on top of making sure the kids arrive at practice ten minutes early and anytime they were even a minute late, it would call for a stern-talking to if you know what I mean.

They respected their oldest friend enough to where none of them would even question Heeseung further about arriving on time, however, it has occurred to Sunghoon that his companion may be overthinking this a little too much.

Of course the kids had to be well-behaved at all times, that wasn't even debatable, yet Sunghoon was always the one member to push Heeseung to just the most uncomfortable and unbearable point with his what's and why's. He was tough as nails in a soulful sense, Sunghoon was ruthlessly stubborn and argumentative and it ALWAYS has been his weakest character trait.

Of course, there were times when this type of person was the most needed. Sunghoon always knew how to push enough buttons to where none of the staff would even try to ridicule him into submission. It always worked when he was protecting the kids, especially Niki and Jungwon, against some of the bad apples in the HYBE staff who would try to use the teenagers' nativity to their advantage and talk them into doing trivial and unnecessary things.

He was the smart older brother of the hyung line. His blank yet mirror-like expression was always just on the point of insanity, it seems like just one push would be enough to invade Sunghoon's gravity.