Chapter 2

^^

Eunji's POV

I opened the door and mom greeted me with a hug. "Oh my daughter, I missed you so much!" She said. "Mom, I've just gone for one night. What would you do if I'm at college?" I teased her.

She broke the hug and hit me playfully at my arms. "Oww! What was that for?" She pouted. "For leaving me alone last night."

"Oh. What should I do? My mom is sad. Should I..tickle her?" I put my hands the same level as my chest and did a tickling sign. "No! Don't you dare." She said, crossing both her arms in front of her.

"Ah. You're no fun." I walked pass her, going to the living room and sat on a sofa. She followed me. "So, did Gikwang sent you home just now?" She asked, eyes with excitement. "No. I came home by myself." I said, removing the coat I'm wearing.

"Why? Did you two had a fight?" She's the person who is easy jumping into conclusions. "No, mom. We're totally fine. He just had work to do. Besides, he's tired." I explained.

"Oh. Well, did you have breakfast?" I nodded. "I ate it a cafe with my friends." I lay back on the sofa, closing my eyes. I was tired, due to last night. I haven't got full sleep. It was cold and so uncomfortable in the dancing room. It was really not a good idea to sleep there.

"If it's like that, I need to tell you something." Her tone was very low. "What is it?" I asked, still closing my eyes.

"We..have to go back to Seoul."

I opened my eyes and shot up from my lying position. "Korea?" I asked with disbelief. She nodded. "Why? We're perfectly fine here." I don't want to go back. I just want to stay here, with dad.

"I know. But we have no more reason to stay. I got a new job in Korea." She looked at me. "What about dad? Is he enough for a reason? Do we have to leave him alone here?" I asked her, feeling a bit dissapointed.

"Dad...we have no choice but to leave him." She puts her head down. "Is your job more important that him? Is dad not important to you, mom?" I was angry. Dad is the closest person to me before he died. I shared all my problems with him.

Mom was close too, but not as close like dad. But, we became closer when dad died. "No. He's more important. I love him. But I need to work. I need to take care of you. I need to give you food, money and things that you deserve. I don't want you to starve." She said, holding my hand.

I know she means well to me, but returning to Korea is so sudden. I mean, why Korea? LA has jobs too.

"Please. Listen to me this one time. Eunji, please." I saw her eyes, it was full of tears that will fall anytime soon. I love her. But, my heart really doesn't want to go back. I don't know why.

I looked at her once again, and this time, tears were there on her cheek. Oh no. I hurt her heart. I shouldn't be hurting her. I've hurt her enough before, and I promise to myself I won't do it again.

"Alright. Lets go back. I'll listen to you. Just, don't cry." I wiped her tears with my hands. "Thank you, Eunji." Her frown turns into a smile. "I love you, mom." I pulled her into a hug.

"I love you too."

∆∆∆∆∆

I closed my bedroom door behind me and sat down on the floor against the door. I thought about my life here at LA. I thought about Gikwang. I thought about Ash, Matt and Adam. I thought about dad.

What will I do? Do I really need to leave them? Do I need to separate with them? Tears rolled down my cheek without me knowing.

I just love them so much. I didn't want to be far from them. But this is what mom asked for, and I have to do it.