Chapter 9

Sometimes there are things in life where you have to choose something over another. And usually the one that have been chosen is likely more meaningful and special than the other. In other words, you choose the one that you cannot live without.

That's what have been on Eunji's mind all night. She can't sleep for even just one second. It's because she finally understands what Chanyeol meant. He likes her.

She moves around on her bed, messing up the perfect bed sheet and throwing the duvet off the bed with her feet. She's tired from staying up all night thinking about those two guys. Of course she'd think seriously about them because she wants the best for herself.

It's different if she's still a teenage girl going to highschool. But she's 20 now. Maybe you think she's still young and has lots of stuff to explore but for her it's different. She sets that she will marry someone when she's 24. That's still far away but she wants to know her future husband deeply and that will take about 2 years maximum.

Now you know why.

She groans as she remembers that Gikwang is downstairs maybe hungry for breakfast. She ruffles her hair as if to scare away all the stress in her and gets up then makes her bed.

She goes into the toilet and gets ready.

But all Gikwang see is a girl with not-tidy hair, wearing a white tee with shorts coming down the stairs with no energy at all. Gikwang who is watching the tv puts all his attention to Eunji.

"I hope you don't mind I watched the tv without your permission." He says. Eunji shakes her head and tries to at least form a smile.

"I don't mind. I bet you're hungry. I'll make you breakfast. Wait here." She answers and goes to the kitchen. Gikwang only nods.

After frying two strips of bacon and an egg along with some sausages, she calls Gikwang.

He notices her dull face and the slight appearance of eyebags.

"Did you not get enough sleep last night? Did you have a nightmare?" He asks her and holds her hands.

"No. I'm just tired from work, that's all. No need to worry." She denies strongly.

Gikwang chooses to believes her and diverts his attention to the breakfast on a table.

"Yum! My favourite!" He says happily, licking his lips.

"I wanted to make you a proper Korean breakfast, but I don't know how to. I'm sorry." She says feeling guilty for him.

"It's alright. Maybe I can eat one when Mrs. Jung gets back." He sits down on a chair and eats his breakfast.

"Okay. Enjoy it then. I'm going to call work and tell them I'm not going today. And then I'll rest." She says then leaving him to enjoy his breakfast.

After finishing his breakfast leaving the plate fully clean, he goes to the living room to continue watching the TV. But he finds Eunji sleeping on a couch, looking really tired. He crouches down to same level as her face and softly tucks strands of hair behind her ear. He smiles at the sight of the beautiful angel in front of him.

''I'm sorry for what i did to you with Ashley. I won't repeat it again, i promise. I love you.'' he whispers in the quietest voice he can ever possibly do. He unfolds a fluffy, white blanket resting on the arm couch and puts it over her body, protecting her from the cold.

''Sleep tight.'' and he kisses her forehead before going into his room.

-

It is 9pm and the fan meeting ended two hours ago. The members are to rest as they are very exhausted and worn out from the fan meeting. However, Chanyeol is already getting ready after two hours of sleep to go out and explore the night life of Bangkok, Thailand.

''Suho, i'm going to go out for awhile. You don't have to wait for me to come back. I'll get going.'' he says and goes out the hotel room. Suho just murmurs some words and goes back to sleep. He's dead beat.

Chanyeol walks to a famous night market as it's just near the hotel he's staying at. He looks around and grinning with happiness. It is so beautiful with the colourful lights, the various and scrumptious street food mixes with some street performance. You can say that night life is very lively. He goes on walking, looking at stuffs being sold.

The he stops at one place where they sell jewelleries, pearl stuffs.

He takes one in his hand. It catches his eyes the most. A white, pearly bracelet which suits someone special. He thinks of Eunji.

"I'll take this." and he pays the seller with the right amount of money before exploring the rest of the night market.

The next day, they arrive in Korea in the evening. Before coming back, they rode on an elephant and bought some precious souvenirs in the morning.

"Thanks for sending me and Chanyeol home. You guys can go back to your family and after two days of rest, go back to the dorm. Okay?" Mrs. Jung reminds the rest and they nod, all looking tired.

"We'll go first." Chanyeol says and goes out the mini van together with Mrs. Jung.

Eunji wants to pick them up, but what to do. She doesn't  own a car and does not take a driving licence yet. She just waits for them to come home.

"Mom!" Eunji spots the two as she's been waiting for them outside. They hug for awhile as they miss each other very much.

"Have you been well?" Mrs. Jung asks. "And what about Gikwang?"

"I've been well and he's okay." Eunji answers. Mrs. Jung smiles, glad that their okay.

"She doesn't miss me. I thought so." Chanyeol mutters under his breath but Eunji can still hear him.

She suddenly runs and jumps on him, hugging him. Chanyeol is surprised but manages to hold her back so that she will not fall.

Eunji pulls from the hug but still in his arms and looks at him in the eye, her hands around his neck for support.

"I miss you, idiot." She smiles and they share a long, deep eye contact.

"Eunji!" The sudden, mad voice shock them both making Eunji automatically jumps down away from Chanyeol. She turns and sees Gikwang.

She's left speechless. She didn't mean to do that with Chanyeol. She just misses him so much she even forgets about Gikwang's presence.

"Get inside! Now!" Gikwang shouts. Eunji slowly walks with fear accompanying her towards him.

"I-I'm sorry.. I didn't m-mean to-"

"Shut up and get inside!!" With the loudest voice, Gikwang pushes her harshly towards the main door, wants her to get inside.

And Eunji follows, doesn't dare to disobey him.

"Gikwang!" Mrs. Jung realises what he did to her daughter is just too much.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want to lose her to this pathetic guy. I'm sorry." He apologises over and over then sends a furious glare to Chanyeol before going in the house.

"Mrs. Jung-"

"Just...you go to your house first. I'll handle it. I'm sure you're tired." She pats his shoulder lightly and goes into her house.

Chanyeol is left dumbfounded. He worries about Eunji. What if she gets hurt?

I shouldn't have done that to her. Now she's the one suffering. Because we hugged. Because I like her.

A/N
Alright. After this chapter, I think I will not update anymore, for the time being. Because on 14th August, I have a trial for PT3 and on 10th, 11th, 12th and maybe 13th October, I will sit for the real PT3. So guys, I hope you guys understand my situation and I'm so sorry. Wish me luck! Bye!
( Chan and Eunji in the media. not them literally but they did hug like that )

{ Aisyah Rizal }