Chapter 6

Chanyeol fidgets with his fingers and stares down at the floor, doesn't dare to make an eye contact with the president. The president takes off his glasses and massages the bridge of his nose.

"i- i'm sorry. " Chanyeol lets out a small voice rather than his usual big voice. The president sighs and looks up at Chanyeol.

"Sorry? You think that can fix everything? Tell me...what can you do to fix the mess you caused?" Lee Soo Man asks in an irritated voice.

Chanyeol stays silent, still has his eyes fix to the ground. Lee Soo Man sighs again.

"How about this? I, as your teacher, am worry about you. About your career that you have built after years of hardwork. You want it or not, you have to break this relationship off and focus on you. Your career, your life. Besides, this is against the contract that you have signed. ''

Chanyeol looks at his teacher who is looking at him with guilty eyes.

''Do i have to? Why can't i just be like a normal person and date whenever i want to?'' He asks.

''I don't like it either. I wish you can date like a normal person. But you're an idol, a well-known idol and it's hard being one. You have to care for others' feeling and most importantly, your fans'. Without them, you wouldn't be where you are now. You have no choice but to break it off. I'm sorry.''

Chanyeol stares at Lee Soo Man, as if to find an answer that could solve this problem but he fails. He ends up losing.

''Okay. I'll do it.'' he finally says. Lee Soo Man forms a small smile, half relieved and half guilty.

''I'll announce it tonight and i'll put your name in to convince the fans. Thank you for making the right decision.''

All Chanyeol can do is form a forced smile and a little bow before he exits the room.

-

Eunji taps her pen playfully on the table while staring at the piece of paper which has only ' Dear Chan ' written at the top. She ruffles her hair after a long time thinking what to write. She knows about the dating news of Chanyeol dan Dara. And she knows that Dara is the Dara she talked to at the concert.

''I should write something that can calm his bad mood down. He must be sad and confuse right now. Come on, Eunji! Lets write for him.'' she gathers her spirit and starts to write on the paper.

''I hope you read this and feel a bit relax.'' she smiles and pictures Chanyeol's reaction in her head.

-

Dara looks at her phone on the table while laying down on a sofa. She waits for Chanyeol to call. She couldn't make herself call him. She has something to tell him and she's too sad to say it face to face. Telling it on the phone is the best right now. Somehow, she knows that this will happen someday and she accepts it sadly. She knows she has to let go of him.

Her phone rings and she sits up while taking her phone. She sees Chanyeol's name on the screen and a tear suddenly escape her left eye.

She answers it and with a slow, cracked voice, "Hey Yeol."

"I'm sorry. I did my best for us but nothing. It's over. We're. ..over." Chanyeol replies, forgets about greetings. He wants to end this conversation fast. He does not have the heart to listen to her voice anymore.

Dara stays silent for a second and gulps down the lump in her throat.

"No, it's okay. I understand. I know this will happen so I'm accepting it. And you have to too." she says.