Chapter 13

Chanyeol returns to his mom's ward after buying a drink for Eunji which he finds sleeping with her head on the side of the bed. He crouches down to see her tired face. Without knowing, his hand reaches for her cheeks and brushes his thumbs lightly over it. He feels sad and angry, watching her like this. If he had known that this is going to happen, he would do something about it.

-

Eunji wakes up and stretches her arms, looking at the surrounding and remembering what happened last night.

"Oh you're awake." She hears a voice behind her and turns to see Chanyeol.

"Yeah. What time is it?" She asks, searching for a clock on the wall.

"4 in the evening." "What?!"

"You look so tired. Even my mom said to not wake you up." Chanyeol defends himself, knowing he would get scolded by her.

Eunji sighs and looks at the bed.

"Where's your mom?"

"She's in the toilet, getting ready to go home." He explains, taking a seat on the sofa across her.

"Already?" She's surprised to know that Mrs. Park is already alright. "Then, I'll go home first. I think my mom has arrived." She stands up heading to the door.

"Are you going to be alright, with him there?" He asks.

Eunji stops for a second, staring blankly at the floor then finally nods slowly.

"Yes. My mom's home, so it's okay."

"Then call me if anything happens." He reminds her, really worried about Eunji. She nods and goes out the room.

-

"Mom?" Eunji asks as soon as she enters her house which looks surprisingly gloomy. She walks to the living room, expecting her mom will be there. Instead, she sees Gikwang sitting on a sofa like a statue.

She stops walking and holds her breath.

"She's upstairs. She'll be down in a minute." He says with a cold tone. His eyes are locked to the black screen TV in front of him.

"I'm going upstairs." She says and starts to climb the stairs when she hears him say something she doesn't even expect.

"I told mom to hold our engagement party. It's tomorrow at this house. You don't have to do anything. I got it all sorted out. Just do one thing. Be an angel for me tomorrow." He says with a sarcastic smile which disgusts her.

''What? You didn't even say anything about it to me. It's not happening tomorrow, or ever.'' Eunji steps down from the stairs and heads towards him.

''You think i still want to be with you? Not after what happened last night.'' Eunji says with determination, not realising how high her voice sounds.

''What about last night?'' Eunji turns around to see her mom coming down from the stairs. Oh no, did she hear what i said just now? She panics. Then she feel someone hugging her from the side tightly and finds Gikwang leaning his head lightly onto hers.

''She said she missed me. Sweetie, just stay with me at home when your friends invite you over for a sleepover.'' He lies and to her surprise, his voice sounds very sturdy without any nervous vibration to it.

''Huh?'' she mumbles, not knowing anything.

''So how's the sleepover? Gikwang told me one of your friends invited for a sleepover last night, so he's all alone at home. And i missed you so much.'' Mrs. Jung asks while rushing towards her and hugging her tightly.