Chapter 10

Gikwang knocks on Eunji's door a few times but fails miserably when the door is still not open. He sighs and knows he made a mistake.

"Hey. I know you're mad. I'm sorry." He starts by leaning closer to the door so that Eunji can hear him from the inside.

But there's no response.

"Eunji..I'm sorry for yelling at you. I really am." He says again, trying hard to get her to talk to him.

"Please say something."

Eunji's listening from the other side with her back against the door. She hears every little word that escapes his mouth.

She decides to talk back.

"I'm just shocked. You never yell at me. Today's the first time and I got scared." She bites her lips with fear. She can never forget about how she was yelled at. It is something hard to forget about.

"I just got out of control seeing you with him. I got jealous for awhile." He admits without hesitating.

"I know I shouldn't have done that. It's my fault too." She finally admits her wrongdoings. She did think for a while about how stupid for her to do that when she knows Gikwang's there.  Maybe she really missed Chanyeol and can't hold the urge to hug him when he gets back. And so she did.

"I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?" He asks again, slowly this time.

Eunji nods even though she knows he can't see her.

"Yes. I'm not mad at you." At hearing her response, Gikwang feels reliefness flowing inside him.

"Can you open the door?"

"I don't want to see you right now. I'm not ready yet. I'll just see you at dinner. Okay?" She says and anticipates to hearing his answer. She hopes he will agree. She's still scared to face him. She knows if she sees him right now, she would remember how he yelled at her. And she would dislike him for that.

"Okay. I understand. See you then." He agrees understandingly and goes away.

Eunji moves away from the door and sits on her bed. All sorts of thoughts come running into her mind.

Why did she even hugged Chanyeol? Was it just friend-hug or was it more than that?

She shakes her head multiple times as if to erase all the thoughts away. A light from her phone blinks and a message tone sounds.

She gets a message from Chanyeol.

'Open your window.'

She stands up and walks to her only window and slides it open to the left. She sees her bestfriend at the other side, his head out of his window and his hands resting on the (windowsill) for support.

"Hey." He starts their concersation first with a small greeting that makes Eunji thinks deep.

Does he want to talk about what just happened?

She just manages to form a smile.

"Are you free tomorrow? I get a two-day rest so I'm thinking of picking some stuff at the mall tomorrow." He asks her with a cheery tone in his voice.

"You want me to go with you?" She gets what he's trying to say and thanks him dearly in her heart for not asking about what happened.

"If you're willing to. I mean, we haven't spend time together so I think we can catch up with each other tomorrow. Or maybe not?"

He looks at her face which is hard to figure out. Her forehead is creasing as she thinks about the suggestion.

It would be bad if Gikwang finds out so no.