Chapter 8

"Why is my heart beating so fast?" Eunji asks herself.

She moves her eyes down to Chanyeol's chest. It's better than staring into his eyes. She feels as if he's staring straight into her soul.

"I'm glad too." she answers back and he looks like he just suddenly woken up from a dream.

"Y-you should go inside. It's getting cold." he says.

"Okay. See you again." and she leaves him all alone out in the cold.

She goes up the stairs feeling all weird and funny after the moment with him. It's just strange for her to feel this way after meeting with Chanyeol. Before this, she never feels like this. But just now, it's different.

Chanyeol turns around having his back facing her house, blaming himself for not being brave to tell Eunji what's in his mind.

"I'm a fool for not being able to say I like you."

His phone rings and picks it up without checking the caller id.

"Hello?" he greets.

"Chanyeol.. it's me."

"Dara? Why?" he asks and a bit surprised to receive a call from her. It's been long since they talk.

"Can we meet up? Tonight." she says.

"Tonight? Is it urgent?" he continues to question her. He's tired to meet up.

"Yes. I'll meet you at the alley we usually meet. Bye." and she hangs up without even giving him a chance to say something.

"Ugh." He groans as he starts heading to the alley.

He has no choice but to follow what she wants. He doesn't want to be marked as an 'arrogant ex'.

15 minutes after riding a taxi, he arrives and head straight to the alley. He can clearly see Dara from afar.

Emm. I guess it's that important for her to arrive early.

"So, what is it that you want to say?" He asks as soon as he stops in front of Dara.

"At least say hi." She says back, not answering his question.

"Fine. Hi. Okay, tell me now." he forces a smile.

It takes some time for Dara to let out what's up in her mind. She keeps hesitating whether or not it's right to ask him what she's been curious of.

Finally, she decides to just ask him, minding what maybe will happen afterwards.

"Are you..dating?"

Chanyeol looks at her with full of confusions painted on his face. He wonders why she asked that all of a sudden.

Am I dating?

"No. Where did you get that idea?" He asks, completely denying.

"I just...well, I feel that you are. Maybe I'm wrong." Dara looks a little hard to believe what he just said.

"I'm not dating. I don't have time for that anymore." he adds.

"Okay. I'm glad." She says in a quiet voice but can be heard by Chanyeol.

"What? You're glad? Are you not over me, Dara? Please, forget us. Focus on your career. Forget me." Chanyeol says with hope that she will not ever mention about them again.

"I'm trying. But I..can't."

"No. You have to. And please don't do this again. Don't ask silly questions. I respect you as a senior now. Don't dissapoint me." he continues to say what he now see her as.