Chapter 16

Snow starts Eunji's day as she steps into the winter air. Trying to be as warm as possible, she wears her thickest and fluffiest long coat, red gloves and a comfortable wool scarf around her neck. In her hand, a brown envelope is tightly clutched. 

It's the day. Her most awaited day. 

The very day where she will register herself to the university. She's a bit bummed about her mom. Sadly, Mrs. Jung could not accompany her as work is calling for her and Eunji understands. Her mom has to work in order to get money to support both of them. Life in Korea is no joke. 

Eunji stares at her friend's house. She's having this mind battle inside her. Battling whether to knock on his door or not. She's afraid he'll label her as a nosy person, trying to be at his side 24/7. But on second thought, she was the one who declared to be there for him. She makes up her mind and marches over to his side. 

Three, bold knocks are enough to get Chanyeol out of bed and rush downstairs to face her. The first thing she sees is his ruffled, bed-hair and his pokemon printed t-shirt. 

"Morning, sleepy head."

He smiles sheepishly.

"I want you to accompany me for my university registration. Can you?" Eunji goes straight to the point since she can't stand the freezing temperature.

"I'd be glad too. Give me 10 minutes. Oh,  and come in." he quickly agrees and left Eunji alone in the living room. Meanwhile, she calls for a taxi to come pick them up. It's easier than having to walk to the bus station and wait for it. Sure it's a bit pricy, but it's faster. 

After registering her name and got a bit of briefing about how things work at the unuversity, the new students are free to do whatever they want.

Eunji chooses to roam around the campus so that she wouldn't get lost on her first day. The campus is pretty big.

She walks side by side with Chanyeol through a hallway which has lecture rooms on both sides.

Chanyeol keeps glancing at her.  

''I guess i have to get my body and mind ready for the busy university life. It's going to be hectic! With the assignments, projects and stuffs. I just hope i can keep up.'' Eunji blabbers on and on. 

''Maybe for you, the word busy now is your friend. You got used to it, so you're fine. Meanwhile, i have a lot to worry about. What if i fail and can't graduate? Oh, that cannot happen at all!'' she grimaces. 

She stays silent for awhile, waiting for Chanyeol's respond but none came. She looks at him. He stops walking. 

''Chan? Hello? Are you even here?'' she asks, jumping up and down in front of him and waving her hands in the air. Only then, Chanyeol notices her. 

''Sorry. I was thinking about something else.'' he apologises. 

''What is it?'' she asks.

This time, Chanyeol has his eyes focused on Eunji, not even blinking. 

''Come on. You can tell me. Maybe i can help or do something about it.' Eunji stands there in front of him waiting for him to talk. Chanyeol becomes more serious and it worries her.

''You look serious. Tell me now. Don't leave me hanging, please?'' her worries increases. 

''I-I saw your letter in your notebook yesterday. I'm sorry but i read it.'' he confesses the thing that was bothering him since yesterday.  Eunji couldn't say a word. She's too stunned. 

''Eunji?''