Chapter 12

Mr. Lee fumes up with anger boiling in him and has his hands on his hips. If this is a cartoon, you can see his face turning red and heaps of smoke coming out from his head.

He continues to watch Eunji busily wiping the spot on the cafe floor with a cloth where she accidentally spilled some drinks. It wasn't on purpose.

She was going to serve her customers the juices they ordered when she tripped by herself and have the drinks fall out of her grip.

After making sure the spot is totally clean with no traces of juices left, she stands up with her head down, facing her boss. Her hands are clasped together in front of her.

"I'm sorry. I will make sure it won't happen again." She apologizes and bows many times.

Mr. Lee couldn't say anything. He's too speechless in front of many customers.

Eunji keeps bowing regardless of her boss's silent reaction. Then it happened so fast. Her colleague goes her way with a tray full of drinks in her hands when she hit her head with the tray. And as you guessed, the tray falls down.

Eunji gasps in fear and embarrassment when her hair gets soaked with the juices. She doesn't dare to lift her head up or even stand up. It's too embarrassing.

"That's it! You're fired!" Mr. Lee shouts in anger and leaves the scene immediately.

Eunji sighs. She gathers all her courage and strength to finally stand up and confront everyone. She wipes the juices on her face with her fingers and forms a forced smile.

"I'm sorry everyone." She says quickly before taking off her apron and getting her bag from the staffs' room.

Finally, she goes out the cafe.

She walks quickly along the street and stops at a bus station, taking a seat. At last, tears streams down her cheeks as she can't hold it in anymore.

She doesn't care anymore about her appearance; her crazy wet hair and dirty clothes. She just got fired from her first job and it's going hard for her. She didn't expect today would turn out bad.

After minutes of crying her heart out, she hops in a bus which arrives at the right time. It's 3 o'clock in the evening and she has no idea where to head to. She can't possibly go home. No way. She's not ready to tell Gikwang she just got fired from work.

She stares out the bus window, watching the people outside like a drama. Some are walking with their lovers, some are talking on the phone. She doesn't expect to see some people looking sad and gloomy like her today. She thought it was just her having a rough day.

Finally after 20 minutes on the bus, she steps out when it arrives at somewhere a bit deserted. It is near a beach.

Following her heart, she walks leisurely to the beach, enjoying the presence of soft wind around her. Once the beach is in her view, she runs towards the sea and stops just before the water can wet her sneakers.

She smiles, closing her eyes and opening her arms wide open.

"Don't think about it anymore. You have to go through this. You have to do well." She keeps on reminding herself.

And she let herself drown in peacefulness and the sound of waves crashing.

-

Mrs. Park walk slowly along a street, carrying grocery bags in both of her hands. She coughs and shivers as the weather's really cold. Her nose turns red and her hands are nearly frozen.

"Oh....it's winter already." She looks at the surrounding which has no colour. Snow has fallen so it makes the road and the trees look white. No more green or red or yellow or orange.