3| 1983

1st person Y/N POV

=============

Michael strayed behind a little when we walked to my building. I was only able to afford an apartment, I told him, so he wouldn't be surprised when we got there and had to climb a flight of stairs. his house was a single-story, but it was large enough for his kind of family. 

"Im more aware of the world than I seem." He said, huffing after I made a comment about him looking both ways before crossing the road, just like his mom had told me. "Just because Im an adult doesn't mean I won't be safe for my mother's sake." 

"Fair enough..." I shrugged, pulling him by the crook in his arm as we got to my building. "Im on the second floor, so we'll have to climb a few stairs. 

"Rooky work." He laughed confidently, grinning winding at me when he stopped. "That was a joke..." he trailed off, looking awkward as I opened the door. He followed behind me and stayed quiet all the way up the stairs...I felt a little bad for not laughing at his horrible joke now.

"If you can take your shoes off at the door, that would be great. I don't like tracking in mud." I said as I unlocked my own door, pushing it open. He shut it when he came in behind me. 

"What a lovely place you have." He said monotony, frowning slightly when he was taking his shoes off. 

"It's a hallway." 

"It's...very white." he shrugged, sounding unsure of himself. 

"It's grey-" 

"Same thing!" He cut in, grinning weirdly. "Where can I put my things?" 

"Oh! The sitting room, come on." I said slowly, leading him down the hall and into the main part of the flat, which was the sitting room. It connected to another small hallway, which had 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. 

"Wicked." He said, setting the small duffle bag down on the sofa. "Mum and Dad really set you up, huh?" He raised his eyebrows. 

"Actually, I got this place with my own money." I shrugged. He then nodded and sat down on one side of the sofa. I joined him, sitting criss crossed. he seemed to get comfortable quickly.

"do you have any siblings? that live with you?" He looked at me, his head leaning to the side slightly, which made his hair fall to his face. he moved it with his index finger.

"I live alone, no." I shook my head, sighing as I moved away to lean back on the arm of the sofa. "do you have any other siblings besides Liz? I saw one room in your house that looked like it could of been a kids room once apon a time, but it looked mainly like storage."

"it belonged to my younger brother." He said softly, running his index finger along the seam of thr sofa arm.

"younger?" I raised my eyebrows. "why haven't I seen him around?"

"he's...it's a sensitive topic." He shifted u comfortablely, crossing his legs. he lifted his band and scratched his neck, squinting his eyes. "there was an accident a few years ago that lead to his death.'

"oh...Michael, I'm sorry for asking." I said slowly, sitting forward, my elbows leaning onto my knees and my chin resting on my palms.

"no it's okay, I don't mind talking about it." He paused. "it's just a bit of a sensitive topic."

"what happened? if you don't mind me asking." I raised my eyebrows, leaning back once more when he looked at me.

"well, we used to have this golden bear that preformed with that rabbit at the pizzaria. they're springlock suits. do you know what those are?"