34- Spice

1st person Y/N POV

========

I watch as Michael struggles to open a package with two black boxes inside of it. both were identical devices with antenna sticking out the tops.

"you can use this to stay in touch with me while I'm gone." He said, hanging me one of them. he held up the other and pushed a rest button on the front. a static came through mine, and I could hear him speak through it. they were walkie talkies.

I wasn't going back to that place. I knew Michael had a reason to be there, and no matter how much I tried to convince him to stay, he insisted that he needed to go- that he needed to figure out what that place was about

"you better be home by the time I wake up.' I said slowly, narrowing my eyes at him as he climbed off of the bed, pocketing the walkie talkie.

"I will, I will.' His tone dragged as he slowly put on his shoes, looking back at me every so often. "you'll burn holes in the back of my head, Love."

"im serious. I know how you are.'

"I don't want to he there any longer than I have to be.' He sighed. "I'll be back by the time you wake up- it will be like I never left."

I watched as he stood up and turned to face me.

"I'll have trouble sleeping tonight."

"that's why we have the walkie talkies- so yoi can talk to me until you fall asleep.'

"and you'll respond every time I try to talk to you?"

"if I'm able, of course. I don't think anything there is voice activated- but if I'm fave to face with something, I hope you understand Delay."

he leaned over the side of the bed and pecked a kiss onto my lips.

"I'll be off, then. try to sleep, yea?"

"you just don't want me talking to you all night."

"I don't want you staying up all night." He corrected. "I've kept you up in an unhealthy sleep schedule the last few days. I'm not letting that happen anymore.' He sighed.

"I'll try.' I said slowly. he didn't respond, and instead just left the room. he knew I would force him to stay with conversation. I was anxious about him going- knowing that sentient robots were there, and that he was surrounded by them at all times.

I layed down and sunk into the blanket, my head squished between two pillows. one of them was Michaels- I stole it off of his bed, and he usally just left it in here for when he sleeps with me.

"how are we doing? over." I heard Michael say through the radio. it was staticy.

"fine?'

"what? over." He said.

"im fine." I said

"im sorry I didn't quite get that. can you repeat? over."

"whats over?"

"whats what? over." He said. I could hear him start to laugh.

"Michael..."

"who? over."

"Michael stop that."

silence. I knew he was listening however- the static was still playing.

"Michael?"

silence.

I sighed deeply.

"everything is fine....over..."