19| duplicitous

1st person switching POV

this is a bit a more mature chapter. it has mentions of heavy peer pressure, guilt tripping, manipulation, and a bit more. be warned when reading.

lots of typos.

=======

Y/N POV
===

you know that feeling you get in your stomach when you know you did something wrong. you feel guilty, and it makes you sick. it stays in your head for the rest of the day, and it keeps you up at night. It ruins your appetite.

I'm ao beyond disgusted with myself, and it's keeping me up. I can't sleep. I feel so fidgety and weird. I can only imagine how Michael feels.

The look he gave me when I hit him. it was terrifying. The way he stumbled when he flinched made me want to vomit.

he didn't look mad. he was scared. I can't imagine what was going through his head.

---

I didn't sleep that night. I got out of bed at 12 pm. Michael hadn't left his room yet, so I knocked on the door. there was silence for a moment, then I heard the lock click and the door opened slightly. Michael glared out, looking around until his eyes met mine.

"good morning." I greeted.

"morning." He said flatly. He paused for a moment before opening the door wider. all he had on was his drawers. I wasn't going to criticize it...he just woke up, I assume.

"did you sleep okay?"

"no." He said bluntly, walking past me and passing through the sitting room and going into the kitchen. I frowned, following slowly behind him. He opened one of the cabinets and got the kettle out.

"what are you doing?" I asked. he paused, turned to me and held up the kettle.

"making tea?" His tone was a 'isn't that obvious?' tone. I just nodded, and he turned back around to fill the kettle up.

"are you chewing gum?" I remarked. he looked like he was chewing something.

"ypu criticized me so much about smoking, I assume chewing gum to get over it is even worse?" He sighed dramatically. "I'd rather die."

"don't talk like that, Michael." I shook my head. my tone was soft, but he still looked at my firmly.

"I'll talk however I want, Y/N." He said. my stomach suddenly felt queasy.

"I was just curious about the gum." I shrugged. "I knew you liked to chew it."

he hummed, setting the kettle down on the stove after it was lit. he then came to the other side of the kitchen and sat down at the dining table. He sank into the wooden chair.

"are you okay?" I asked.

He looked at me. he stared for a moment, his eyes narrowed and his eyebrows furrowed. despite the fact that I didn't cause them, the bruises on each side of his face from the fights with his father looked worse. they were in the final healing part...me hitting him must of only made it hurt more.

"im fine." He said after a moment.

"that's good." I laughed awkwardly. my weight shifted onto one of my legs, and I swayed weirdly.  "can I sit with you?" I pointed to the only other chair there was, which was next to him.

"yes? why are you asking?" He said weirdly, leaning forward so his elbows were on his knees. his chin rested in his palms.

"just making sure..." I sighed, taking thr seat next to him. "anything planned for today?"