32- under the desk

this is irrelevant to the story and ONLY for one specific person.

1st person Y/N POV

1st person Y/N POV

short chapter. very short. 

======

I watched Michael Climb out from under the desk. My hand slipped out of his as I pulled away as if nailed to the wall behind me. I couldn't move. 

"Y/N?" He said. I looked up at him, but it was all blurry. "Are you okay?" 

"Im staying here..." I choked. 

"You can't stay here- it's not safe." 

"No kidding...I feel safer hiding under this desk than I would be going...wherever it is you're going." 

"How will I know you're alright while I'm gone? We have no form of communication- I can't even see you from these windows." Michael knelt to me, his hands on his knees. "At least come into the main room. I can see you from the windows in there." 

I shook my head, moving farther back against the wall as he reached for me. he was like a cat trying to claw at something out of its reach. 

"No I'm not moving- stop!" I smacked his arm as he grabbed mine, making him jolt back. 

"Y/N, being with me is safer than being alone in here." He huffed. "Do you know how I'll feel the entire time with you, not in my sight?" 

"I don't care, don't touch me!" I smacked at his arm again. This time, he backed up and just shut the desk cover. he slammed it, which made the whole desk shake. I heard the wall beside me rumble, so I assumed mike was crawling through it, leaving me alone in the room.

He seriously just left me alone...I heard the vents opening, and I put my hand on the end of the metal grate, my other hand over my mouth. when I was told that I needed to prepare for creepy stuff, this wasn't what I was thinking.

I was thinking of dark hallways, spooky spiders in dusty corners, and weird noises coming from creaking machines.

what I wasn't thinking was killer robots and intercom systems that talk to you about how to survive. I didn't exact to be left alone under a dark desk in the middle of the night. I didn't expect Michael to leave me.

why did he have to do all of that? couldn't we just leave through the vents and never come back? no one is stopping us...no one is keeping us here.

I heard skittering outside of the grate, and my skin grew cold. my hair stood up on my arms. Nothing touched the desk- at least not in the time I was under there, but I was frozen in fear the entire time I was left alone. I heard things outside, and little eyes peeked through the holes in the grate.

I was in that position so long that I couldn't move my legs. my knees were locked and bent, and my rear ached from sitting on the hard floor for so long.

what was taking Michael so long? did it usually take FOREVER to get through this place? was I stuck here forever?

Suddenly the lights came back on. My eyes narrowed to the lights outside of the holes in the grate. the walls rumbled and clanked around, and I felt my heart race as the clinking noise became closer.

it was heavy and hard. like footsteps- someone running through the ventilation system besides me.

I put both of my hands over my mouth and nose, muffins any sound I made. it made me sweat...

it became louder, closer. it was in the same room as me. It was footsteps. the clanking of what was...heavy steel toe boots.

Suddenly the grate door opened and I was quickly pulled out by my arms, squeezed close to-

"Michael-" I wheezed, my head pressed to his chest. His hand stroked through my hair.

"Are you ready to leave?" He said though it was mostly muffled. I felt like I was having a panic attack. stress-induced anxiety. I felt like I was going to vomit.

"shit..." I cursed, moving feet as Michael moved me forward and to the vent. I was light-headed crawling through it. both times I had to stop to breathe. it was claustrophobic...

"Come on.' Michael said softly as we got out of the vents and went into the lift. He held me by my waist and arms, keeping me steady. "are you okay?"

"why would you leave me alone like that?" I said.

"you wouldn't have liked it very much- where I had to go." He said. "I was face to face with one of those things."

"you left me alone..."

"you wouldn't let me touch you...it was probably safer under the desk than anything." I felt his hand on my head. "come on, you're fine."

"im freaked!" I gasped.

"It was better than putting your life at risk, Y/N. crawling through that place- that...gosh, what was her name? ballora, she almost caught me- twice." He sighed. "and being in that room with the bear was even worse. it was loud, dark, and flashy. I couldn't look at the control panel without feeling like he was getting closer to me."

I didn't respond. he was right on that part, but I was irrational at the moment. he was in a more dangerous situation there, but he seemed perfectly fine. I'm allowed to react this way.

"im going to puke..." I sighed, holding my stomach. "those things were looking at me...I saw their eyes." 

"It'll be alright, Y/N, I promise- look." His weight lifted off of me as I heard the lift ding. He pressed the red button to open the doors. I was immediately met with a cold breeze coming from the corridor. Whoever came in the door last left it op0en, and the hall was covered in snow...I didn't wear my good coat. 

"Wicked..." I huffed, pulling myself away from Michael so I could walk down the hallway. I held my arms, rubbing them slightly as I stepped outside. I felt Michael's coat weigh me down as he set it on my shoulders, wrapping it around my torso. 

Then his arm came around my waist, and he guided me down the walk paths, making sure neither of us slipped. As we made it into my building and up the stairs, he took the coat away and threw it over his shoulder. it was hot inside. 

And just like the night before, we sat on the sofa together and watched some sort of drama...or comedy. I couldn't figure out which. I sat extra close to Michael, and I'm pretty sure he was getting sort of annoyed by it. 

I didn't care though. 

======