20| tribulation

1st person switching

======

Y/N POV

--

When I woke up, Michael wasn't in bed with me. His clothes were still on the floor, but he wasn't there. I got out of the bed and wrapped one of the few bathrobes around my body, then left the room.

He wasn't in his bedroom, and he wasn't in the sitting room or the kitchen. I assumed he went out...his shoes weren't by the door. I would have called him, but I wasn't sure if he was even with his mother. The only other phone I knew besides hers was the one at his father's house. This meant that I'm left in the dark until he comes back or I get a phone call, though I wasn't expecting a call for some reason.

I went back into his bedroom to look around. All of his things were there- It was messy. The bed was undone and neat, however, and a small cloth wrapped around something was in the middle. an inhaler was near the edge, and a few mismatched socks were strong on the pillows.

I didn't know he needed an inhaler.

Im not sure why he would leave so suddenly.

I went to the side of the bed and picked up the wrapped-up cloth. Whatever was inside clinked together, then fell out as I unfolded it. It must have been in multiple pieces. When I got a full look at it, it was unmistakenly a mug. My chest felt heavy. It was the mug that was given to him by his siblings. The handprints on it were noticeable.

It confused me...how did it break? He was here when it happened since all the pieces were wrapped up together.

I set the cloth and pieces down, examining them for a moment It was all in bit pieces, so it was a clean fall. Might be easy to fix, so I just arranged the parts in order. I didn't have any glue though...

"What are you doing in my room?" Michael suddenly said, standing at the door frame. I yelped and quickly turned around. He was standing in a towel, using another smaller one to wring out his hair. I didn't like the look of all those bruises going down his torso, but I knew I gave them to him, so commenting on them would only get me a rude remark.

"I was wondering where you went- where did you come from?" I said quickly, moving away from his bed as he came into the room.

"The bathroom?" he said in an obvious tone.

"Your shoes weren't at the door."

"they're with my clothes in the bathroom. I went out early this morning to go get something. I got a shower when I got back." He said cooly. "Can you get out? Im trying to get changed."

"Why did you go out?" I questioned. He gave me an annoyed look. "Okay, jeez." I scoffed, leaving the room. I stood at the door frame. "You act like I haven't seen you in the nude before."

"That doesn't mean I want you to see me like that all the time..." His tone carried. He became agitated as I stood there. "Get out! Please."

"Okay! Damn." I narrowed my eyes at him. "Feisty. jeez."

I closed the door to his room, then went into mine. I wanted to get dressed and whatever so I didn't seem like I was the only indecent person...

Michael was standing in the hallway when I got out. he was on the phone- or, well, he was calling someone. He kept dialing a number and then holding the phone to his ear. he did this multiple times, his face going from normal to horrified the longer he did this.

"Are you okay?" I said, but he held his hand up to me so I would be quiet.

"one second." He said. he was taking deep breaths..."okay..."